• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE-Rally Build

G

ChuenouXiao said:
dam you! I wanted to do that first! :D
You know I can't just look at the inventory all day. I had to have one myself. :D

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
I'm trying my best to give the details on this thread. If anything is unclear feel free to ask. All parts used to mount the body so far have been Redcat parts. Body reamer, drill, hex drivers, lexan scissors and of course the dremel are the only tools I've used nothing special. If you can work on your RC you can mount this body. It has been very easy.
That custom third party front bumper? Do you have to have it for that body?

G

So today I started by adding another pair of truck posts onto the side guards. This helps to stabilize and support the sides of large bodies. It is important when ever the side of any body does not touch the chassis. If there is nothing behind the side of the body and you get Tboned, well there goes the body. This photo shows the truck mount. There is holes in the side guard so the post can slide through. Take note I placed the post mount right above the indentation on the side guard. As a safety precaution I placed a strip of metal inside the side guard to protect the battery and components from the drill bit. It is easier than taking everything out. You do not want to hit a battery with the drill bit. That would suck!

-

b379cfdf.jpg

Last edited:
G

ChuenouXiao said:
That custom third party front bumper? Do you have to have it for that body?
It is not installed yet. But I believe the front of any large body should be supported. Once I figure out if it works I will post how and what is needed.

G

I will look at a few bumper options and decide which is easiest.

Guantanamo Joe

easiest? EASIEST? Looking at your previouse build pictures, I did not think easiest was the option you ever take... ha ha ha...

Just giving you crap, your RC cars make mine look boring... :D

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
I will look at a few bumper options and decide which is easiest.
For now... I'm using the short course front bumper... I sawed off the top portion to make it look more lower profile :D Hoping the rally body will fit with very little mod :D

G

Next I trimmed out the wheel wells. You can also see in the photos how nice the side posts work. You can also use the side post to spread the body out a bit to help the wheel & tires tuck with out rubbing the body.

-

4a38a9f9.jpg

06e7bdfc.jpg

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
easiest? EASIEST? Looking at your previouse build pictures, I did not think easiest was the option you ever take... ha ha ha...Just giving you crap, your RC cars make mine look boring... :D
Yeah, I know your just bustin my chops...LOL

As for this build I want to show how easy it is to install an aftermarket body. Something as simple as a new body can transform your current platform into a new ride.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Yeah, I know your just bustin my chops...LOLAs for this build I want to show how easy it is to install an aftermarket body. Something as simple as a new body can transform your current platform into a new ride.
The only thing I'm worried about is my Jetpro rear exhaust. But I don't mind it kinda showing in the rear if I have to. Although I do prefer it to be covered by the body :D

Guantanamo Joe

RCDAD said:
Yeah, I know your just bustin my chops...LOLAs for this build I want to show how easy it is to install an aftermarket body. Something as simple as a new body can transform your current platform into a new ride.
You are definately giving me ideas that perhapse I can make something amazing with my XT. I love my XT but I know the MT body is the same and I don't need a garage full of boring trucks. I am thinking I might get the Soldier to paint my MT body with some sort of Army theme... OD Green with the white star on the hood... I don't know yet. I even considered an ouside the body roll cage like the TRAXXAS Summit has.

G

I even considered an ouside the body roll cage like the TRAXXAS Summit has.
I have pondered that idea as well I would love to see one on a 5th Scale! That would look killer! I am looking forward to what you guys come up with for paint!

Guantanamo Joe

I like the idea of the outer roll cage also to protect the body. I know the guy who runs the machine shop here on post, and the good news is that he wants me to make him a wallet. Sounds like a good trade to me :D

G

ChuenouXiao said:
The only thing I'm worried about is my Jetpro rear exhaust. But I don't mind it kinda showing in the rear if I have to. Although I do prefer it to be covered by the body :D
I will get some pics of the bottom. There is so much room under this body. Your rear mount pipe will fit, no problem. You don't even have to remove the wing mount. Only the wing. You would just want to do something with the exhaust tip of your pipe you don't want it blowing hot exhaust against the inside of the body. It would warp it. You could cut a hole in the side of the body an extend the tip through it. Or, you could run some silicone tube down to the bottom of the chassis.

G

cherryride said:
Good job! I can't wait to see it painted.
Thanks... I can't wait for paint!

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
I like the idea of the outer roll cage also to protect the body. I know the guy who runs the machine shop here on post, and the good news is that he wants me to make him a wallet. Sounds like a good trade to me :D
Hell yeah! I always prefer a good trade.

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Here is a shot under the rear of the body. Soooo much room.

-

ff8c58db.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts