• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE-Rally Build

rampagemt

Awsome look you got goin on rcdad put those barbies in when your done and take them for a spin

G

Time to start trimming! Woo Hoo! This is getting fun. Just take your time. No rushing here.

Once i have the body posts where I think they should be, I sandwiche a straight edge between the bottom of the chassis and the RC stand. This will show you where the bottom of the body should be. You don't want the body lower than the chassis.

-

Under body shot showing the straight edge. This shows me where to cut.

d1d236fc.jpg

G

I took an extra wheel/tire to make some wheel arch templates. I use these as just a starting point so don't make them too big. This will insure that all your arches end up the same size.

-

01eec39b.jpg

G

I took an extra wheel/tire to make some wheel arch templates. I use these as just a starting point so don't make them too big. This will insure that all your arches end up the same size.

-

01eec39b.jpg

G

Not sure how that double post happened??? Oh well moving on.

From the out side I located the straight edge. I use different size tape. Easy way to get nice straight lines. Wheel arches only look high because the suspension is at full droop.

-

b2854a20.jpg

G

Doubled checked to make sure the body is higher than the bottom of the chassis. Or more importantly not lower than it.

-

e5a5d13c.jpg

G

For the front I used a wider tape. The front and rear of any body should be farther off the ground.

-

5b49ba39.jpg

566adfef.jpg

77804e13.jpg

G

For the rear there is plenty to work with. Kinda personal preference here. This is what I chose to do.

-

80a99f1d.jpg

4d1e3fc3.jpg

G

This is all for tonight. I did it all with a lexan scissors. My fingers are killing me. I'll do the wheel wells tomorrow. Here are just a couple more pics. The stance is looking good!

-

cd941253.jpg

8f4b5747.jpg

G

Threw the wing up just because. LOL I can't wait to get some paint on this thing!

-

2c06ce81.jpg

G

Thanks man! Thats part of the fun for me. I like the build as much as the driving.

G

grafildave said:
I saw all the pictures man!!You're doing a great job, I have no words!!

Very good!!
Thanks. I just love this body. It's the largest I have ever used. 1/4 scale for sure!

grafildave

I am also looking forward to seeing the progress you make every day!! ;)

You should also be able to put under the front,a support with a sponge type that use the mcd x4 ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts