• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE-Rally Build

G

I am going to do a build thread on mounting the new Grafil Rally to a Redcat. I am using an XBE but it will fit any of the big cats. I imported the 2mm version. They are also produced in a 1.5mm polycarbonate. The 2mm will be stronger. :)

I will show as many pics as possible. The instalation process will be similar for the different cars. To start I just threw the body on to show it off. You can see the XBE hiding underneath. There is soooo much room under this body anything is possible. ENJOY THE SHOW! :cool:

-

5a2bcd26.jpg

edff185a.jpg

GRAFIL

Advertiser
Vendor
Thanks mate ! :)

.... according to my taste I would like to move the body a little more towards the front.... :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

GRAFIL

Advertiser
Vendor
For help you a little..... this was my concept .... for RedCat wheelbase..... :rolleyes:

REDCATside1.jpg

G

GRAFIL said:
Thanks mate ! :) .... according to my taste I would like to move the body a little more towards the front.... :rolleyes: ;)
I will.. I just through it over the car for show. :)

G

GRAFIL said:
For help you a little..... this was my concept .... for RedCat wheelbase..... :rolleyes: REDCATside1.jpg
Thanks that will help! First will be body posts to get her located for trimming.

G

Deluge said:
Nice! I like the driver.
There is sooo much room under this body. I think my daughters barbies could make for some good passengers. LOL

G

jathomas3 said:
Looks cool already!! I look foward to the finished product!!
So do I. I know what I'll be doing all weekend! :D

G

Can't stop thinking about this build, so for my lunch break I did a little work on her.

If you are using any of the buggies to run this body you will need to install the truck body mounts. You don't need to remove the wing bracket this body will clear it. Just remove the wing and wing stay.

-

93de4c05.jpg

0987899c.jpg

83ae26f2.jpg

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
oh- and mad props to you- that thing will be awesome. I don't think I can have a rally car because I break a lot more parts on pavement than I do in the dirt :D
A true Rally drives off road. Just run a dirt tire and drive it where you want! :D

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
Where do you get wheels and tires for such a build?
There just a off brand Baja wheel with a Begitec aluminum beadlocks. Gives the look of an aluminum wheel without the weight. The awesome Hostile slicks mountes to them.

G

I drilled out the holes for the top body mounts. Front worked great. The rear however, I ran into a snag. The recessed body feature hits the body mount. I could just notch the body but I want as clean of an install as possible. So I plan to extend the rear post tops.

-

87b28224.jpg

7cfa09d0.jpg

G

Ok, I found an easier fix for the rear body post. I just dremeled off some of the cross support. Don't have to worry about insufficient strength, because the body rests across the entire cross support. Fits great now! I will also be adding lower side posts for added body support.

-

d6006fb3.jpg

86168ca9.jpg

9579259f.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.