• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE-Rally Build

Guantanamo Joe

I would love that part too, except for then I would be afraid to drive it... I already have plans of runing my XT body on my awaited MT so I don't screw up the body I am going to have my Soldier paint.

G

grafildave said:
I am also looking forward to seeing the progress you make every day!! ;) You should also be able to put under the front,a support with a sponge type that use the mcd x4 ...
I already have one to try. Look at the bottom right corner of this photo. :)

-

cd941253.jpg

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
I would love that part too, except for then I would be afraid to drive it... I already have plans of runing my XT body on my awaited MT so I don't screw up the body I am going to have my Soldier paint.
Just reinforce it after its painted. Mesh tape and shoe goo or mesh tape and truck bed liner both do wonders for strength. Don't get me wrong I don't go jumping off cliffs with my favorate custome paint jobs.

grafildave

I'm curious to see what progress you do today to show us :D :D :D

G

All that's left is to trim out the wheels, clean up some of my cuts, cut out the mirrors and add screws for the mirrors and wing. Oh yeah, I'm adding side body posts. Paint will come soon enough!! :D

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
Shoe Goo, mesh tape and some Plasti Dip/or bed liner. It'll take a beating.

Guantanamo Joe

Im going to be looking into all that when the paint is on it... I just hope I can get the needed supplies down here... our store seems to never have what you need but have plenty of the crap you have NO USE for.

G

Deluge said:
Shoe Goo, mesh tape and some Plasti Dip/or bed liner. It'll take a beating.
What do ya think of the spray foam? I've alway wanted to try and fill some of the vulnerable areas. Im not sure if the solvents in it would eat through and ruin the paint job.

G

Expanding to much is ok. It trims easy enough with a blade. Have to keep it away from the window areas. I just might have to do some experimenting. My thought is to fill the front and rear bumper areas of the Rally. There is a lot of room to fill under there.

G

I don't think it would add strength. It could act as support between the body and chassis. It's nice and light.

G

That was the original plan. But I need a larger piece of foam for a tighter fit. I picked up a X4 bumper.

G

Thanks.

Just having fun! :)

GRAFIL

Advertiser
Vendor
RCDAD said:
I already have one to try. Look at the bottom right corner of this photo. :) -

cd941253.jpg
The best bumper solution for our opinion..... is X4 bumper (a little secret..... our body low front spoiler line follow the X4 bumper shape ;) ).... you have only to put the foam support forward ..... :rolleyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts