• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB: The Dark Side

designed2survive

Received the tires for the build.

Hostile MXT front on all four mounted on desperados with hostile zero growth 5t foam insert and beadlocks.

Last edited by a moderator:

designed2survive

Thanks!

Xbfreak, you have 2 options for your throttle plate. 2mm or 4mm thick. Let me know.

designed2survive

XbFreak said:
How well do the shocks work being laid out like that? Do you need a stiffer spring?
I was able to achieve an optimum suspension output using thicker shock oil and a little preload on the spring. I always use thicker oil anyway. Plus with the chassis being low only 2-2.5" of suspension travel is need. I have 2.5" usable inches and 1.5 more unusable (chassis bottom out at 2.5'). I have also limited the down travel so it's flat and low to the ground.

designed2survive

XbFreak said:
That's going to be sweet when its done
Hopefully! Unfortunately there is now more snow on the ground than desired to try it. Oh well, I still need to make the chassis under and side tray to keep dirt, stones and snow out. After that done.

designed2survive

The great news is last time I weighted it it was 24 lbs. I guess 26-27 now and that's great news when compared to my 40 lbs baja. Can't wait to put that g340 reed in it and try it.

XbFreak

What company are you getting your G340 from? I've ran both OBR racing and ESP championship ported engines I absolutely love OBR. Those guys are incredible I just built a OBR 30.5 race port for my friends baja a couple weeks ago and it was doing wheelies with the break in tune. I couldn't get his to wheelie with the ESP at all.

XbFreak

XbFreak

OBR is going to build me a reed G340 for this sand dragster I have been building I can't wait to get it done.

talunceford

XbFreak said:
OBR is going to build me a reed G340 for this sand dragster I have been building I can't wait to get it done.
Lovin' my G340rc in my Chimera. Nasty amounts of power. You will love it.

designed2survive

Wow that's a greats sandrail you have there! More details?

I got my FM G340 Reed from OBR. Only 3 tanks through it though. Not too impress about it yet. Will see.

XbFreak

You will love it. My rail has been in the making for a loooooong time now just nees to get the electronics for it and fab up a pipe for it. Its all 1/2" steel square pipe the chassis is about 30" long and about 13" wide. It will be chain driven and used for sand drags only.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts