• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB: The Dark Side

designed2survive

XbFreak said:
Well nice work man. How much to build me one? ☺
My servo plate are modified for my build and the servo is no longer mounted where it used to be (centered).

I do this for fun and will gladly make you one. I'll need a stock servo plate though. Then if you happy you can donate the cost of the metal and whatever you want.

The problem is I will need the stock servo plate as a guide. Mine got too far modified.

XbFreak

I understand I would probably just buy you a new plate to work off of so I can still play. Is there any way you can send me your contact info in a private message? I'm new here and don't really know how that works...

designed2survive

XbFreak said:
I understand I would probably just buy you a new plate to work off of so I can still play. Is there any way you can send me your contact info in a private message? I'm new here and don't really know how that works...
No worries, I'll order the servo plate tonight (you can refund me later) and once it gets here I'll make the part. Once done I'll send it to you. I'll keep you posted.

XbFreak

It would be awesome to have a aluminum top deck I can't wait!

XbFreak

Can you remove as much material as possible in unnecessary areas seeing how its aluminum it will be stronger anyways? It would be nice to free up some room if possible also I am running hitec servos.

designed2survive

XbFreak said:
Can you remove as much material as possible in unnecessary areas seeing how its aluminum it will be stronger anyways? It would be nice to free up some room if possible also I am running hitec servos.
Ok. I'll remove as much as possible.

XbFreak

Beautifully done I love it. Is that a home built chassis also? If so did you extend it at all? I would love my XB to be about 2-3 inches longer.

designed2survive

XbFreak said:
Beautifully done I love it. Is that a home built chassis also? If so did you extend it at all? I would love my XB to be about 2-3 inches longer.
It's a custom chassis indeed! To extend your XB you'll need to:

1- find or make longer center driveshafts or

2- extend in front or rear and go 2 wheel drive

XbFreak

It wouldn't be that hard to cut the drive shaft and put a sleeve over it and weld it back together. I ran mine in 2wd for a little while I missed the 4wd the whole time lol.

designed2survive

XbFreak said:
It wouldn't be that hard to cut the drive shaft and put a sleeve over it and weld it back together. I ran mine in 2wd for a little while I missed the 4wd the whole time lol.
That's true if you have a welder. Extending in the front only will allow to at least keep the roll cage.

XbFreak

A welder isn't a problem it would be a very simple job as far as the drive shaft. I might have to build a chassis one of these days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts