• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Turning Radius?!?!

G

DMZamora said:
Just to clarify things, it's good to remember that a 4WD vehicle will always have a bad turning radius when under hard acceleration. Some people just step on the gas and then "Uh, my vehicle can't turn!" :)
LOL So True!

R_A_Machine

I just got an xt and I think the servo saver is my problem with turning but my yard is huge and I do slow down to make tighter turns. Or gas it and swing the a$$ around.

ChuenouXiao

R_A_Machine said:
I just got an xt and I think the servo saver is my problem with turning but my yard is huge and I do slow down to make tighter turns. Or gas it and swing the a$$ around.
LOL... gas it huh? Yea... I like that but be careful.... the drift might be too wide :D and you might hit something :D Especially when counter steering is not so great :D

Last edited by a moderator:

GoffeeRedCat

Deluge said:
Did you get this worked out??
Yea I got mine figured out!! Put about 2.5 degrees of positive toe and about 2degrees of positive camber. (idk about Chue) it turned like a charm till my front shocks broke. But luckily I ordered some MT front shocks from RCDAD!! I'll be trying them out tmrw

ChuenouXiao

GoffeeRedCat said:
Yea I got mine figured out!! Put about 2.5 degrees of positive toe and about 2degrees of positive camber. (idk about Chue) it turned like a charm till my front shocks broke. But luckily I ordered some MT front shocks from RCDAD!! I'll be trying them out tmrw
I didn't mess with the toe but I adjust my camber a bit more positive. The front tires are closer together from the bottom and the top are a bit farther apart when looking on top of the XB. I was testing my XB on my glass table and the steering is so much better now :D very happy... will see how it runs tomorrow when I run. I have a feeling I solved it! We will see... like Rcdad and Deluge said I guess it depends on what type of tire you have and how you setup your car.... there are lots of possibility to why your car is turning too wide....

I didn't want to make too much change to my front steering cause I just want it to be able to turn easily but not enough to mess with the stability of my car during straight run....

G

ChuenouXiao said:
I didn't mess with the toe but I adjust my camber a bit more positive. The front tires are closer together from the bottom and the top are a bit farther apart when looking on top of the XB. I was testing my XB on my glass table and the steering is so much better now :D very happy... will see how it runs tomorrow when I run. I have a feeling I solved it! We will see... like Rcdad and Deluge said I guess it depends on what type of tire you have and how you setup your car.... there are lots of possibility to why your car is turning too wide....I didn't want to make too much change to my front steering cause I just want it to be able to turn easily but not enough to mess with the stability of my car during straight run....
Keep us posted on how it drives for you! :cool:

Deluge

R_A_Machine said:
That's what I do. Power through the turns. Sliding is fun!

ChuenouXiao

So excited about my front tire adjustment and wanted to test them out but haven't had the chance because been working lately. Will update you guys how it handles when I do get to run my XB. That's if I can find a place to run it where peeps will leave me alone :D

G

ChuenouXiao said:
So excited about my front tire adjustment and wanted to test them out but haven't had the chance because been working lately. Will update you guys how it handles when I do get to run my XB. That's if I can find a place to run it where peeps will leave me alone :D
Good Luck! Been crazy busy myself. I understand. It's been hard finding forum time, let alone time for the RCs.

ChuenouXiao

Well.... guys.... I made some more adjustment to my toe and camber in the front. I left my rear tires alone. So I toe out my front tires a bit and camber negative it a bit too. What do you think the effect of this would be? I was hoping for sharper turn with this setup, especially during high speed run. Any thoughts?

GoffeeRedCat

you still havent tried it???? but anyways if the only thing you do is high speed run you need toe in or centered, because toe in your a lot more stable, toe out you will get a tighter radius, you may flip...but yes you will have a tighter turning radius..i did mine 2.5 degrees of positive toe and about 2 degrees of negative camber..

ChuenouXiao

GoffeeRedCat said:
you still havent tried it???? but anyways if the only thing you do is high speed run you need toe in or centered, because toe in your a lot more stable, toe out you will get a tighter radius, you may flip...but yes you will have a tighter turning radius..i did mine 2.5 degrees of positive toe and about 2 degrees of negative camber..
Yea... I did the same. I toe out my front tire and negative camber. I'm hoping this will give me better turn. With my last adjustment, which was positive camber... it turns alright but I notice it skids or bounces in a turn :D Will get back to you guys about my latest front wheel adjustment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.