• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Turning Radius?!?!

GoffeeRedCat

Is it me or the turning radius on the XT suck?? I didnt realize it sucked untill after i took away some positive toe on my front wheels! so i really cant compare if taking the positive toe had any impact on the turning radius! but ill try to give it some negative camber after work see if that makes any difference

G

I set mine where it starts to push on the servo saver. The larger the tire the larger the turning radius. So the XT and MT can't turn quite as tight. You need to slide those babies around the corners. :D

Deluge

I set it so my servo stops right before it engages the servo saver. Any more than that and you're going to put unnecessary stress on the servo. You could also go with some lighter diff fluid in the front, that'll help improve steering.

G

andyken said:
I upgraded to a 5000ma battery, it seemed to help...?
If your in motion, a better battery would help because the servo becomes faster. :cool:

Deluge

andyken said:
I upgraded to a 5000ma battery, it seemed to help...?
Yep. When you upgrade the servos, it's recommended that you upgrade the RX battery, as well. Even with the stock servos, I'm sure a better battery would help.

Ryneito

I was just wondering this same thing. I just got back from bashing my XB with XT tires. All end point adjustments made and travel set and it takes a good 30 yards to turn around. Seemed a little much as I have seen videos of XB's and XT's turning on a dime. Is it the cheap servo saver and linkage or more of the stock battery and servo...?

G

It's a bit of everything. Also remember the larger the tire, the larger the turning radius. If the servo saver is loose it might not be holding the large XT tires fully turned.

Ryneito

I have the spring tightened all the way. I might try some spacers or was even thinking about making it solid until the 7075 comes out. What do you think? Anyone just epoxy it solid?

G

Ryneito said:
I have the spring tightened all the way. I might try some spacers or was even thinking about making it solid until the 7075 comes out. What do you think? Anyone just epoxy it solid?
That will destroy your servo on the first big wheel impact. I would not recomend it.

Deluge

Ryneito said:
I was just wondering this same thing. I just got back from bashing my XB with XT tires. All end point adjustments made and travel set and it takes a good 30 yards to turn around. Seemed a little much as I have seen videos of XB's and XT's turning on a dime. Is it the cheap servo saver and linkage or more of the stock battery and servo...?
You could put some lighter diff fluid in the front, and give it a bit more toe-out. That'll help.

Deluge

Ryneito said:
You need the servo saver to flex. If not, you'll kill your servo when you hit something.

GoffeeRedCat

one other thing ive noticed!! when the truck is at a stand still and im turning the wheels they barely move!!! it that normal?? do i need to tighten the servo saver?? or do i leave it alone??

ChuenouXiao

Yea..... I know what you mean because my XB is the same. Upgraded my battery and it seem to help a bit but its not permanent. I may try lighter differential fluid to see if that will help too. What kind of servo do you use on your XT? Keep us updated on how you solved this problem so others can too :D Thanks bud...

Last edited by a moderator:

GoffeeRedCat

It's only doing it at a stand still..when it's rolling it seems to be fine so I don't thinks it's the diff fluid plus I got my turning radius problem pretty much solve by putting a little bit of positive toe and camber....I think it maybe the ginormous tires....then again I'm about to get taller and bigger tires sent out to me tomorrow so may not help lol

ChuenouXiao

GoffeeRedCat said:
It's only doing it at a stand still..when it's rolling it seems to be fine so I don't thinks it's the diff fluid plus I got my turning radius problem pretty much solve by putting a little bit of positive toe and camber....I think it maybe the ginormous tires....then again I'm about to get taller and bigger tires sent out to me tomorrow so may not help lol
I'm still in the process of troubleshooting :( I've even upgraded my servo mount and steering post to aluminum to stop any flex. Was thinking about replacing my 5755 servo. So how do you do the toe and camber?

GoffeeRedCat

Turn the camber and toe turnbuckles...I don't remember how many degrees I have them set....coming from automotive background they look off and wierd...but it works well!!

G

GoffeeRedCat said:
one other thing ive noticed!! when the truck is at a stand still and im turning the wheels they barely move!!! it that normal?? do i need to tighten the servo saver?? or do i leave it alone??
The servo saver only would slow the steering on the ground.

You should check your EPA (end point adjustment) DR (dual rate) on the stock radio.

Unhook your steering servo and see how far the wheels steer. Your servo should push them just as far.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
The servo saver only would slow the steering on the ground.You should check your EPA (end point adjustment) DR (dual rate) on the stock radio.

Unhook your steering servo and see how far the wheels steer. Your servo should push them just as far.
Rcdad so if I loosen the servo saver, meaning space the saver farther apart.... does that mean my XB will turn easier? Or isn't it the other way around? The saver closer together is when I get better radius?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.