• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quasimoto Rampage XB build

phreerider

as well the new MT shocks stiff pressure is also punishing the rear bearings

stock carriers have been eating bearings, waiting on 7075rc rears

fresh balls

dreaming , check the difference stock v. BIGGER

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

at atv park going full on and wick'd out unit jammed a folding sign behind the port-o-johns! sign goes to pieces.

damage---> front end spits out dog bone and fractures CVD, and some mild chassis tweak . tower braces soaked it up ! actually not too bad. front end ,without a bumper, definitely looks hammered.

finished session 2WD! man different control on the drive with rear drive only.

will add some pics....but in the meantime a bit of rip action, no music just sounds of screaming action while i tune unit in for the day.

https://vimeo.com/110539376

phreerider

top plate separation

have not tired to tighten back down , may have jacked the threads on the box .

and the cracks on the cage , how fitting

phreerider

Deluge said:
Ouch, it took a beating!
after the slam( STILL running , and finding the dog bone!), did the wild 2wd show til fuel was gone. glad the steering held on. i'm sure i'll find other cracked stuff in future tear downs. prolly would have cracked the chassis without tower ladder cage on top.

all fixed now ready to rock. I think the tattered, hammered front is time fixed style you just can't buy!

Ildy666

Wow....That 7075 rc diff took a good beatin.if that was stock plastic u would of been lookin for more than a dogbone....if ur not breaking stuff ur not doing it right...lol....Ride on....

phreerider

Ildy666 said:
Wow....That 7075 rc diff took a good beatin.if that was stock plastic u would of been lookin for more than a dogbone....if ur not breaking stuff ur not doing it right...lol....Ride on....
amazed the tower and box survived , and the chassis remained in one piece !

phreerider

its the ultra hi-tech tower-2-tower box tubular roll cage soaking it up!...dude i have no idea...

all i know, i was full on, it disappeared behind the port-o-johns and the crowd who had visual on it did the "OOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! man thats gonna hurt" thing

BertR

Silent_chaos said:
How did that chassis remain intact??? I recall my stock chassis bent hard on a 20mph cartwheel
I hit a concrete wall head on and another at full head and countless cartwheels with almost no damage to the chassis...I think the chassis is is fairly sturdy for the x series. aJust my 2 cents.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Great build Phreerider!

Crashes and cartwheeling are sooo unpredictable....it's all about that specific angle.

I think you have been lucky, cause I used to see my xbe flex like crazy

phreerider

thanks! KRASH....trying to narrow the gap between model --->tool.

and your right an offset slam will dismember even the most robust builds. definitely at the limits of the XB chassis without adding weight or unique design. for the FUN $ , its tough and puts up solid fight.

phreerider

finally added the Redcat alloy upper arms , heres the brushed version

mounted

stock finish

perhaps these will hold up, not sure . considerable torsion goes thru these things. MT tank swap around the corner

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts