• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quasimoto Rampage XB build

G

That is a nice place to bash! Looks fun.

phreerider

first time there last weekend. operator was digging the big cats, a friend who got an MT was there and i was helping him get it sorted, MAYBE he'll cut a nice 1/5track! place is huge ! anything goes at this place! bands,mudruns, camping and HOT SHOWERS.

by Sunday i was running the small MX track fairly decently for the section i could see.

the mud is like peanut butter, tracks are well groomed and are water free but dust control irrigation is present at drier times like summer.

gonna be a regular on that spot.

and next to the place is SCCA track too!

phreerider

claude bigelow said:
Looks like a good time, car seems to be pretty quick. Nice jumps!!!
good time indeed, track vids will give better speed perspective, the table tops at speed are my favorite could not get enough!

phreerider

the toughest part is this...

the wheel cake turns the 1.5lbs tire into a 4lbs issue. imagine the adding 10 lbs to the unit directly attached to the drivetrain! not to be ignored.

phreerider

and after the action....could have been much worst, and i tried staying away from the water

and much better after wash down

phreerider

topsoil,clay and a little sand.

its a 45 minute drive for me, the operator said if kids are on the small track i could not use it, but this place is so big and lots of different elements and terrain everywhere.

the dude likes to build tracks, and does a great job plus irrigation is already there for dust/pack control so it won't be long before a track is laid.

phreerider

thanks for watching guys,

i did some basic screening on the motor with hardware cloth and Al screen, easy effective tough AND available.

phreerider

here the early track /bash effort, definitely fun. the cross track bash going across the track is a blast! the larger track is ridiculous fun. the track running, though way out of scale, has potential and considerable need for practice. i can only see to run about a third of the small track from a central mini table top.

on the large track with 12'-15'tables i can only run a turn, table, turn and back.

the small track here in the vid, the last 30 sec kinda funny , REALLY testing out the cage.

[ame]

[/ame]

claude bigelow

As soon as I win the powerball, I'm going to build a track like that. Everyone on the forum invited, for a bash and barbecue.

LOL

phreerider

thanks BigWheel, sounds like you need tracks. 1/4 scale snowcat! it would make a nice snowboard tow!

phreerider

claude bigelow said:
As soon as I win the powerball, I'm going to build a track like that. Everyone on the forum invited, for a bash and barbecue.LOL
i think few RVs, fuel and support vans, and VISIT THEM ALL! maybe thats just me, i do need access to excess and effective thoroughness...

buy a ticket!

phreerider

another rip session at ATV park, vid coming soon, new mill is tight ! 9500 clutch spring!

going brakeless...dropped a tooth on the throttle servo, the brake tension makes it jump and with it the zero point is reset at almost full...so just dropped the arm and secure brake arm at neutral. fun time. and speaking of fun look what we cracked open ...

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

heres a vid of some of the weekend running. on the big track table top working a turn. very cold mornings here(37) so a fraction rich. speed runs on the end.

this is all with no brakes. i really have decided to just not even put the link back on. everything else i do has no brakes, so no big deal for me.

[ame]

[/ame]any guys in GA/SC want to meet up , let me know. definitely fun spot!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts