• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quasimoto Rampage XB build

phreerider

gear pin carnage, rear diff eats 3 pins broke diff pin slot and cracked the other

and all fresh in moments. the copper diff cup sleeves are solid. those have been riding a year or so.

phreerider

a shelf part hack truly worth its weight. the boat rail is supreme find.

phreerider

looking at major teardown and clutch swap, maybe new mill for a while. chassis has seroius bends and flex at front details pics of process and the apparent issues and the ones you don't expect!....around 200hours with 2bolt race port & clutch set up, not quiet as zippy.

7075rc stuff to add in and will look at MT rear lower arms on XB chassis and diff box.

breakdown and pics around the corner

phreerider

the tipping point chassis bent, steer hits diff case pin bracket...crack is next

the other side (which is the alloy side) clear, barely!

check the balled trencher, solid tires! pulled a mountain of time ...but time and pressure gets 'em all.

i suspect the clutch shoes look about like the tires! pics when i break it open. gonna freshen up things to finish winter/spring and be solid for fall.

may do 4 bolt race port for billet case , which currently has prostock porting ...waffling with OBR or ESP...

phreerider

tattered pipe looks like bottom of the chassis!

chassis ... check the anodized blasted away

back edges blasted away

phreerider

fresh parts and MT rear arms looking good to go for rear XB, with recent rear dogobone lenght difference all looks same. ....maybe even can hack MT rear arms for XB front arms as well!

and shock thru spot look good as well. sway bar seems easy tap

gonna rebuild some shocks and add 7075rc rear bearing holders into the phat azzz MT arms.

pics with details around the corner...ohyeah clutch/ motor swap as well

pics up with details around the corner

phreerider

here we go , most interesting realization. round 200hours on this 54mm clutch, is overdone no mystery, BUT whats wrong with this picture? this is a DMM lifetime 9500 spring, so hows it working out? (the total 200hours SHOULD have had 2 clutches instead of punishing this one to the blistering end as previous use yielded most clutches last about 100-125hours of use.)

not so good, its "sprung" it lost its abiblty to recoil. that gives an indication of what its life was like, WOT was the daily dispostion. looks like DDM owes me fresh 9500 spring. more pics with spring comparisons definitely coming.

and quick look at lower rear arms XB/MT...definitely has questioning IF using the MT would be an improvement...kinda doubting that now i see them side by side. the actual load point seem thicker on XB! the main body may be thicker on MTs but its doubtful its actually is tougher. prolly won't pursue addtional work with them other than use only as a back up part in a pinch

Last edited by a moderator:

BertR

That clutch is cooked!! I had a few that looked like that with the 8k springs...they got so hot the spring lost its strength.. I see what your saying with the xb and mt arms.

phreerider

should have swapped clutch after extended pavement sessions after holidays , the bell is solid for anther 200hours easy...the race port rip sessions where hard, long and damn fun power!.

phreerider

servo tray top plate ...getting this new plate into place and screwed was a challenge!

heres an interesting look at the MT tank swap. zero'd that space.

fuzz contact..theres a whole 1/2mm to spare!

designed2survive

Interesting and good to know. Was thinking about getting a MCD gas tank, but figured modifications will be needed. I may just get a MT one.

Thanks!

phreerider

the mt tank works ok, the round button on the bottom center of the tank can be shaved down a bit for extra room ...not sure how thick it is, but the inside of the tank did not have the indentation in the button area.

certainly would ample room if where changed, next rear end teardown i will give a tweak...the chassis is a little jacked so it has changed, there WAS more room when i first added it. easy add on for sure

designed2survive

phreerider said:
the mt tank works ok, the round button on the bottom center of the tank can be shaved down a bit for extra room ...not sure how thick it is, but the inside of the tank did not have the indentation in the button area. certainly would ample room if where changed, next rear end teardown i will give a tweak...the chassis is a little jacked so it has changed, there WAS more room when i first added it. easy add on for sure
Thanks! I'm so going to do it. I don't want to sound lazy but do you happen to have the part number by any chance?

Silent_chaos

One question PhreeRider, how the hell you manage driving your rc this much? I'll be lucky if I touch 6-7hrs/month

phreerider

i have considerable time on my hands. i am DAILY on most of my avocations if possible.

OCD adds to alot of it. and this past 2 years have been very poor wind seasons and this fills the gap..which is a big gap.

phreerider

and the forum posting/vids are the journal-like activity for me that index my time ...its the feedback for me to let me know "i am actually doing it" despite my continuous feeling of being the eternal student, though mastery was achieved years ago in some case decades ago.

heres a public sail log which has some other stuff in as well but gives you an idea of what i do with my time.

https://vimeo.com/user4948152

plus i build things for activities that are frighteningly addictive

and a public youtube channel... a bit older and under used but has varied content

https://www.youtube.com/user/goldendmd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts