• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quasimoto Rampage XB build

phreerider

front sway bar was patched & tattered . so i added new and really tightens the front response ...plus adds some shine with new upper arms .

also squeezed top plate back down since it got jacked back a few weeks . after a minor front end maintenance all seemed ok

also upped the lower shock mount with a thru bolt , the rear needs them with heavier MT shocks , i added the front as well

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

not happy. did not last 5min. ...one cartwheel ! first time ever broke the steel part

plastic may be choice, bitch to get the broke part out !

phreerider

chassis mod for roomy MT tank swap ,

8mm to the rear, 1mm to right. centers shaft nicely

SS button heads

top bracket trimmed with thru bolt and shaft view, below the shaft is tight but clears

phreerider

other side broke today ! exact same spot , plus its bent ... i remember the old post, had a feeling when i got them. the plastic is offroad choice , alloy better for tarmac, certainty gives rigid hi response to the steer for sure

phreerider

ok redcat alloy front upper links are done , broke ball endcap , spit out what ever part that it contained. wow ! they did not make the traveling team!

any way deluxe experience with the MT tanks swap , 32 minutes! and with the swap a rebuild on the pinion on the rear box...failed on the pic of tattered gear ,i know took it. definitely showing age plus ate a few bearings ..never shut down though. maybe they'll make through winter.

any way the start , on the swap

definitely can see the split bearings on chassis , oh surprises!

clean

rear pinion bearing (closest to gear head) completely blownout . considerable time with pinion lashing about really had know idea , definitely usable, reshimmed all smooth and solid

phreerider

deep into sessions here... managed to do a quick edit, best framing of some decent ramping , the table tops and bank can eat the time! cross ramping the table tops which are 3-4 ft high 12-15ft wide make , makes for all day fun!

https://vimeo.com/114279066

MT tank delivering 30+min runs, MT rear shocks taking a beating but delivering

and a cool shock mod around the corner

phreerider

heres a hardware hack that worked out nice. lower shock end breaks at shaft seat and split plastic.

Al turnbuckle split, tapped for the shock shaft end and drilled for lower mount thru bolt.

the problem

the hardware store fix

how convenient !

phreerider

and the mounted shock with repair, way to easy we'll see how it pans out looks promising, best part, can make 6 for about $10

fun hack ! rewarding but not as rewarding as the DOG BONE replication for 50 cents !

phreerider

ok the shock hack has been solid. big jumps and all. the dog bone sub not as good but definitely fine for flat, full rip its all good, but after a few (big) jumps sheer the end, not the cross pin! , which is just a roll pin. i'll step up the size and see, just looking for reason back up while out in the field and can't find it !

through all this no diff cups were broken, i'll get some pics up... definitely want a suitable hack for dog bones and with roll pin its more like 90 cents.

phreerider

dog bone replacement ( did not break LOST !) but finally got fresh.

and check the time and pressure on the remaining side!

any guess on the time in hours? these i ran dry for the most part, during heavy tow sessions i did use silicone (tidy and effective), maybe WD40 a few times if it got wet or alot of water contact...recently i used the spray lithium, thin and clingy film stuff which was nice an light and seemed fine.

curious on the order "XB" is 135mm? center to center on the original pins is 133mm. the 135 work but super extended buck the cups a little. it has some play, but no room for fuel line /o ring stuffing though.

i did make some scab dog bones which in a pinch worked for an afternoon but and i intend to make another set for backup ... pics next round on those, the set screw pins are the magic fo sho! can u by the pin set separately? other than the front cvd kit?

phreerider

thanks, eat the curb at speed once , i have a slomo clip of the chassis twisting like rag doll!

if i can smooth out the edit i'll post it, no damage to the unit but impressive flex of the good kind! the kind that don't break!

phreerider

updating some roll cage parts, 3/4" hollow tubing has served serious time and tumble but fractured at the bends plus some super heavy licks with camera load and pole.

moving into solid round 1/2" Al with steel brackets and considering vertical center piece to reduce elastic deformation. we'll see how long it last.

the next cage will be rectangular Al 1 " x 1/2" , though the solid round looks promising.

pics coming

phreerider

fresh goods , stepped up the budget got some 1/2" Al solid round and steel brackets,

easy swap out. cleaned up the look for now nice and solid. nosed over the shocks a bit gives more coverage, motor access is unencumbered with easy removal.

phreerider

fresh cracks , topplate servo tray took it right down the middle, actually wrinkled up a bit.

not sure if its new or left over from previous slams, anyway things are really gettin twisted

chassis approaching the end, check the custom mongolian curve !

tank (MT) definitely tight under the shaft .

as strange as it looks, it handles amazing can't remember the last time it flipped on a turn grass, dirt or tarmac... this evening runs where nothing but full bore turns on grass.

steering has held together nicely despite the obvious tweaks.

servo tray crack

custom chassis curve... developed & applied by phun time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts