• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mother F@#%&r!!!!!!!

hellya

Piranha2 said:
well, at least I'm developing relationships with Rob and Troy!
you mean your wallet has a on going love affair with them:D:D:p

speedyd

Banned
Lizardking said:
All the money you spend on the MT to keep it moving you could have bought a MCD Ultimate.....
wait till you have to buy spares for that rig!!!!!

mooman007uk

Banned
Piranha2 said:
I just like this thread title so here goes.....I get the SS HD shocks all built up, dremmelled the lower arms, tempered my difcups, new shock oils, dif oils, o-rings, new pullstart cord, hacked up a mount for my 77DOM, centered the dogbones, new exhaust gasket, everything is cleaned up, lubed up, charged up, walk over a mile to the powerlines where I run, go around my "track" once and just barely clip the side of the berm at 2mph and SNAP......broken steering mount....had to carry that POS all the way back!........hence......Mother F@#%&r!!!!!!!
shitty luck! I never break anything when I go out MV5BMTM5OTAxNzI1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTY.jpg :D

AlvaSpeed

I was helping a friend with a brand new Redcat Hurricane XP (nitro).

The car ran well at the beggining (break in) and then started to do weird things.

At one moment I saw it starting to go ballistic and I caught it on time.

With the engine off, the servos worked well, then not, then well....etc....

When I started the engine the steering servo would not work.

I took a good look at the car and found that one of the cables (white one)-ground I guess-was separated from the servo.

I replaced the servo and now it is fine.

Take the servo apart and see if this is the problem.

DemonRC

kryptonite said:
why i find this so histerical is beyond me. but i cant stop laughing... i always bring a dog leash with me if im too far from my pimped out track side ride
Forget the leash. Just bring one of your kids to haul them in :D My son drives my Baja now. The price he pays is he had to haul my Rampage around.... plus hit Baja. Kids are great. In two or so more years I'll never have to mow the lawn again... WHOO HOO!

str8jailbird

catchaser said:
Forget the leash. Just bring one of your kids to haul them in :D My son drives my Baja now. The price he pays is he had to haul my Rampage around.... plus hit Baja. Kids are great. In two or so more years I'll never have to mow the lawn again... WHOO HOO!
Yeah, but wait til they find your car keys when your sleeping! :D :eek:

Piranha2

Contributor
kryptonite said:
ok. i confess. but just for you. broke a stearing mount and stearing arm(tt). ordered all kinds of other parts. had two left hand stearing arms. but didnt know their was a left and right side.. so ya.. guess what i don't have for the weekend? but ya, i guess i do have 2:D.. and soon to be #3
What are ya gettin', a buggy....called "BEAR"

hellya said:
you mean your wallet has a on going love affair with them:D:D:p
My wallet....NO......my truck....YES......I think it's homesick!

Last edited by a moderator:

Piranha2

Contributor
All the money you spend on the MT to keep it moving you could have bought a MCD Ultimate.....

Thanks, that didn't cross my mind in the 45min walk back....

Exactly, it cost me $16 and a few days to wait.

shitty luck! I never break anything when I go out

You be quiet, you're jinxing everyone.....ugh, you just reminded me.....I should've gotten spare axle housings....great, well at least I know what's next!

i have yet to break anything on my mt.. oh wait.. its all aluminum

I thought about getting alu. but I got 2 sets for the price of one......and it will break!

Kids are great. In two or so more years I'll never have to mow the lawn again... WHOO HOO!

"He" was with his GF.........GF???.....well, there goes that....get a leash for the Ramp and him.

Piranha2

Contributor

Thanks, that didn't cross my mind in the 45min walk back....

Exactly, it cost me $16 and a few days to wait.

shitty luck! I never break anything when I go out

You be quiet, you're jinxing everyone.....ugh, you just reminded me.....I should've gotten spare axle housings....great, well at least I know what's next!

i have yet to break anything on my mt.. oh wait.. its all aluminum

I thought about getting alu. but I got 2 sets for the price of one......and it will break!

Kids are great. In two or so more years I'll never have to mow the lawn again... WHOO HOO!

"He" was with his GF.........GF???.....well, there goes that....get a leash for the Ramp and him.

Yeah, but wait til they find your car keys when your sleeping!

aaaaaaand, now I can't sleep!

AlphaDog777

Update! Ran roughly 8 hours so far... NO problems except some set screws & Broke shock shafts... I upgraded to hpi hd's, friggin huge! And I tear it up evertime, wot for days drifting... 100k dif lube :D ... Jumps, rolls... all that .... And im Still good! Very impressive!

kryptonite

AlphaDog777 said:
Update! Ran roughly 8 hours so far... NO problems except some set screws & Broke shock shafts... I upgraded to hpi hd's, friggin huge! And I tear it up evertime, wot for days drifting... 100k dif lube :D ... Jumps, rolls... all that .... And im Still good! Very impressive!
im glad to hear that!! i run the snot out of both of mine, with very little carnage(once i got the bugs out!).. i know what they can and cant do, so i don't lounch them 15' in the air like my 5b, but still get 2+ tanks out of each one before nailing a tree or something stupid..

Piranha2

Contributor
AlphaDog777 said:
Hey Dog, did you do the full set of HD's in the rear and the inserts in the front? If so, hows your droop? My rear-end sags.....(the truck too) and I've been working out, carried a 40lb. POS for over a mile. I have the +20% Ramtech springs (and steering parts x2) coming but right now she only has about an inch of travel. And yeah the 6mm's are huge.....yes I already have 2 sets of spare shafts!

Last edited by a moderator:

stinger51

Hi everyone. I bought the MT for my son but im the one breaking it. And it's funny because everytime i break it he runs and tells his mom that dad broke his truck and i have to here my wife nagging me. It is a good truck, Im happy with it. Ive had to replace servos, rear shock shafts(w/6mm HPI's), I drilled and tapped end of dog bones,

and yesterday a friend and I were running, he's running a FireHammer MT. We had a

W.O.T. head on collision. The FireHammer broke a head light off the bumper, and I broke

the front diff bulk head, bent the lower a arm holders and right a arm turn buckle.

I tell y'all what I am very impressed, that was one hell of an impact. Nothing is better than GOOD FRIENDS and GOOD TRUCKS, we laughed all evening about the wreck.

STINGER51

kryptonite

Piranha2 said:
Hey Dog, did you do the full set of HD's in the rear and the inserts in the front? If so, hows your droop? My rear-end sags.....(the truck too) and I've been working out, carried a 40lb. POS for over a mile. I have the +20% Ramtech springs (and steering parts x2) coming but right now she only has about an inch of travel. And yeah the 6mm's are huge.....yes I already have 2 sets of spare shafts!
hey bud. it took me 6 try's but i fixed the droop. it handles awsome. i have my preload set at 1/4" from the top and it barely drops and floats to the ground.. wana know what im running? you'll think im crazy

C.B.

AlphaDog777 said:
im glad now your shreading with that thing are you going to be at work friday i wanna see your shock set up?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts