• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mother F@#%&r!!!!!!!

Piranha2

Contributor
Nice shock tower, at least you didn't scratch it :eek:

AlphaDog777

ahh geeze... im already laughing at myself...i was just mad... understandably .... yea ill try my best to get at least something! but im already ordering other parts as we speak...grrrr lol...

AlphaDog777

and yes my shock tower looks just like that.... infact my whole front end looks like this... (907u8iotri65#$!@*(#$%^%&*()68ewruiopgkasdfhiogaso;hk).... well something like that :D

Piranha2

Contributor
Well, it seems you're OK..........sanity is boring.......we all get pissed off at these things but we do get out some aggression on them! I'm gonna beat the snot out of my truck so bad tomorrow it'll cost me hundreds :D

C.B.

dude i was at alphadogs shop and lookin at his carnage pretty messed up

his electronics are all in tact and guess what he turns it on and all works great

then he puts load on the steering servo i.e. turning the wheels with the wheel on the

transmitter and guess what happened it turns or the servo moves to turn and full throttle on the throttle brake servo wierdest thing ive ever seen ive seen fail safes malfunction or get set improperly but this is not the case the steering servo is making that thing freak out

i agree with him and others buy a truck and have to replace the electronics that does suck i have 2 now so ive done it twice

my first came from hobbytown in fresno ca they set it up and sold it as rtr so not ever having seen this forum i was excited told it was great within 5 minutes of the first run bye bye down the road bent chassis no front end left all repairs done free of charge by hobbytown fresno thanks guys for backing your sell

next run crazy glitching then smoked steering servo ok wow within the second 5 minutes

still same tank of fuel and its still full hummmm

hobbytown fixed it for free again 5 minutes into 3rd run smoked steering servo again

now they call redcat have me talk to them they say they will warranty it again

well now hobbytown replaces it with a 5745 i still run it today they also told me of this website and here i am i would be done with my redcat rampage if it wasnt for this site

alphadog sorry about your truck i feel your pain hopefully redcat helps you out on the repairs

i am very fond of redcat now i know you are too so guys im not bashing redcat there customer service is great

it sucks to have to rip out all the electronics but it is necessary to run these vehicles

jigawatt

can we get come punctuation in that previous post?

C.B.

jigawatt said:
can we get come punctuation in that previous post?
Sorryaboutthatjigawattididntknowwehadapunctuationmonitorwithintheforumis

Thisbetterofficerdontcitemelolzlmao

Urhairlooksnice

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

chucked said:
It is pretty pathetic for a company to send out a product that needs to have parts replaced before it is even ran. You just reminded me, I replaced my throttle servo and it went crazy with the stock steering servo just like you!!! I had to buy both servos the same night!!
HPI Baja Example:

-RTR Crap steering servo breaks gears

-RTR shock shafts snap like twigs

-Diff goes bye bye after a few tanks

-The Baja SS has upgrades for the previous 3 problems and it still has problems with the servo and shock shaft ends.

Losi Eight-T Example:

-A stock Eight (pre 2.0) will burn throttle servo's like crazy. I burned 4 servo's before I finally fixed that problem.

-Defective RX pack caused major glitching with a Spektrum receiver. Dam thing slammed into my leg while doing breakin circles. Recharged it and the next run it WOT into a parked car.

Yada Yada Yada. Name a car and a history of problems can be found.

C.B.

Catchaser you are so correct I guess it is just the nature or the beast

Piranha2

Contributor
I ran 8 tanks (in the snow) with both stock servos and no problems. I have more money in parts than the truck cost itself. Just waiting for failures or breaks. It IS the nature of the sport. I believe you got a "lemon" but you can make it right. I would hope you get some help or support from Redcat. What radio/receiver combo do you have?

speedyd

Banned
my fs racing car had gws steering servo that caused hell with my radio system. WOT was a very common problem it didnt matter what throttle servo i had or what type of radio system,am, fm, and sectrum.the only cure was changing out the servo.

as aggrivating as it is this the nature of our hobby. break stuff, buy stuff,repeat!

mooman007uk

Banned
Oh too true...we have to remember these are scale versions of either monster trucks (I believe full size break something just about after every 2min run) and desert /trophy truck/corr racers that aren't the most reliable things either.

High performance off road vrhicles no matter what the scale are going to break....

doesn't help you with your faulty steering servo though...that was a bit of a bummer

kryptonite

interesting stuff on this thread. keeps me laughing.. i think the same way as moo does. these are scale versions of high performance trucks. they need constant work and repairs. but we don't have a 10 man pit crew.

C.B.

it is interesting. it sucks for alpha though he has a pile or crunched rampage.

been there done that. my second was stripped and reassembled with quailty electronics and loctite. it stiil works great not 1 problem.

kryptonite

C.B. said:
it is interesting. it sucks for alpha though he has a pile or crunched rampage.
been there done that. my second was stripped and reassembled with quailty electronics and loctite. it stiil works great not 1 problem.
it does suck. i remember when that happened to me with my first 5b. i was pissed. i was running nitros for 10 years and never had the type of carnage that we see with the large scales. its just the nature of the hobby. we can tell every one what they have to do but thats it. the rest is up them.. i think alpha is over it and on his way to repairs and having fun doing it too. chucked is just lost and angry but still comes back for more

AlphaDog777

speedyd said:
my fs racing car had gws steering servo that caused hell with my radio system. WOT was a very common problem it didnt matter what throttle servo i had or what type of radio system,am, fm, and sectrum.the only cure was changing out the servo.
as aggrivating as it is this the nature of our hobby. break stuff, buy stuff,repeat!
I'm glad someone knows what I'm talking about, and can confirm that it was not my imagination....

I'm WAS on fm agressor system... I'm now spektrum with all hitech servos(steering is on the way) so I should be good from now on with that issue

On another note ... WOW! 30ish mph into a telephone pole @ 30ish pounds, and I only broke an a arm a front bearing carrier and the diff case.. And some how the carb broke were the fuel enters... Don't ask me on that one LOL.. This thing is tuff! It looked worse than it was...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts