• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mother F@#%&r!!!!!!!

AlphaDog777

OMFG im so re****ulously mad its insane!!!!! i get my rampage, YAY! then i get it all together, program the remote & fail safe, everything seems fine.... I take it for a test spin in the back of my shop.... i get about ten feet and turn around,, the second i turn around it takes off full throttle and despite my efforts to stop it...i couldnt... it hit a pole.... demolished the front end...

after futher inspection, the steering servo for whatever reason, when i turn it under load... causes the throttle to fly wide open and stick..... somekind of feedback or something.... since i didnt loose signal and i didnt loose battery power my failsafe did nothing.... regardless

its bull crap! i serioucly hope that redcat is ready to send me the parts that were damaged because this had nothing to do with me.. complete defect... GRRR how infurating! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

kryptonite

are you kidding? redcat aint sending you squat!!! your stearing servo had nothing to do with your carnage.. were you running stock throttle servo? most will agree that a failsafe is useless for our aplication. but we cant expext ANY manufactor to put a kill switch in for us. that really sucks what happened. what broke? any chassis damage? i cought my runaway on cam. its posted under the vid section. i guess you need to order some parts..

mooman007uk

Banned
I feel for you that really sucks, .if you're using the stock failsafe that would be your problem...it's a throwaway item straight out the box and so is the throttle servo. The steering servo sounds like it's full of rocks but you'll get a bit of time from it before it needs replacing.

a pico kill switch is a must with these things..and if you got a failsafe on your handset use that together with a kill switch to cover all possible runaway scenarios

AlphaDog777

not a stock throttle servo... i upgraded to a brand new hitech 645mg digital... the point is that there crap sterring servo caused some kind of interference and caused my throttle to open up...don't ask me how but i can video tape it if no one believes me.... ive been an avid redcat user for awhile and ive spent plenty of money with them...id hope they do something... cause its really not my fault...

the failsafe didnt do anyting cause it wasnt saposed to...(i didnt lose signal and or battery power!!... the interference cause it to get jammed open!) mine failsafe workes fine i tested it

so therefore their electronics were NEVER working correctly....so therefore its defective...

If it would have been working fine for awhile then it gone bad...i could see how it wouldnt be considerd defective.. but this was not the case

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaDog777

btw im totally not kidding...lol

AlphaDog777

yep...but only uder load, so when i checked it it was fine...untill i push on the tire and then the throttle jams open

AlphaDog777

well normally nothing.... i have seen this before... once... on a smaller rig... it something with the servo that causes it to create a "feedback" threw the reciever and then the throttle goes ZIIIIIP and slams open....yea sounds crazy i know.... ill tape it tonight if i can find my camera...i swear on my life it true

kryptonite

oh man. i completly believe you dude.. but please post up a vid so others can see how important it is to ditch the stock servo's.. im sure your carnage will help someone down the road. once you get over this you'll lough at it. if your not already. redcats not going to do anything for you. and its no big deal. its a known fact that they are junk and it helps keep the price down. there warranty is very specific.. WELCOME TO THE FAMILY

HEY EVERYBODY LOOK!! ALPHA GOT HIS WINGS TODAY!!

mooman007uk

Banned
try it without the failsafe, maybe that's glitching under load...I know when i tried mine (before I ran it) it glitched like you're experiencing. I haven't heard of any steering servos causing a problem like yours, ...while they last

chucked

It is pretty pathetic for a company to send out a product that needs to have parts replaced before it is even ran. You just reminded me, I replaced my throttle servo and it went crazy with the stock steering servo just like you!!! I had to buy both servos the same night!!

kryptonite

pathetic is a pretty strong word. we arent buying fords over here. this is a hobby. crashing into telophone poles is part of our hobby. its kinda like trying to collect on a fishing pole warranty couse you cant catch fish.. lets try not to turn this into a bashing thread..

yolonda21

Contributor
Well on the bright side of this you never blew a diff !!! Guess that will be saved for another joyful day....lol

kryptonite

yolonda21 said:
Well on the bright side of this you never blew a diff !!! Guess that will be saved for another joyful day....lol
its still early!! and wait did you crack a rim too?? (sorry chuck)

Piranha2

Contributor
I try not to assess blame if I don't understand it in the first place. Being in a management position I see a lot of the blame game and more than 50% is not accurate. Point is: figure it out so it doesn't happen again. I'm glad it was just your truck and that YOU nor anyone else was hurt. My truck went crazy so the safe thing was to drive it under my car.......neither vehicle liked it but TOO BAD !

kryptonite

thats a great post pirhana. im in a manegment position too, so i understand. the only problem is i work for myself. so when something goes wrong, i only get to blame myself. and im constantly telling myself what to do couse i don't listen very well and need to be told the same things many times. the worst is when i blame myself and he denies it. makes me want to slap him:D

im loughing.. at myself. but their is a moral.. the controller is a one man tool. i can only blame myself for smaking myself in the thumb with my hammer

Piranha2

Contributor
Kryp....OMG, you have us all crying right now! Oh and when you guys tell him to just get a killswitch and use a failsafe and he's all set.....WRONG.....I was testing mine, shut off the receiver and WOT there she goes......I would recommend getting a "normally (at rest) closed" Pico......I now have both kinds :rolleyes: ....and I'm so pathetic that I'm going out tomorrow for some more Rampage abuse!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts