• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Losi chassi update

G

There is a lot of immaturity on the internet. So many opinions on products they have never tried.

DUFFY

I saw that post and have to say I was stunned at the ignorance. Any way the dbl pretty much canceled the losi buddy conversion chassis as most of you probly figured. I will be running the prototype chassis at power jam(mid west nationals). The none sense about needing the four screws at the bottom is a joke, every one knows the losi handled WAY Different(better) with those bolts out hence even the people with stories why they want the screw admit the run with out them during races. Not to mention my losi looks amazing with the body off now it's a few pound lighter than the team chase chassis that is a down grade from stock as it's weaker and changes nothing. Any way end rant.

krashkrieg

Contributor
DUFFY said:
the team chase chassis that is a down grade from stock as it's weaker and changes nothing. Any way end rant.
Can you elaborate on this statement?..where have you read this?

Ol' fart

I would like to offer any help I can with your Power Jam effort. I have not sold any after the thread on Large Scale turned south due to a poor review. It was dissed because a double steering servo would not fit....and I make RedCat parts.

I am sure if people would look at it with an open mind they would like it, especially with the new Grafil body, a perfect match in my opinion. By the way, when will those be available, RC DAD??

DUFFY

let me get back to you ol fart I might want to send this prototype chassis back for one that has been changed as I had to mod this this one my self up under the motor with what ever tool I had. It should be fine, though I did do some slight damage, this chassis is like 3 changes behind what you got now..... As far as the team chase chassis, iv seen it at large scale and it is a scanned copy of the original chassis. the original chassis is made off a very HIGH strength magnesium alloy, its really the best material for a chassis and is super expensive to make {impossible on a small scale to manufacture} , I could put the losi chassis on a test machine and push it threw a aluminum chassis like a knife threw butter. So the team chase is slighty lighter than stock, but weaker, is only one piece so its no easier to work on and the flex tuning thing they talk about is ,,, over rated to say the least,, look at it ,,they did no work on or even made any improvements, they just scanned the stock chassis and milled it out of 7075 with out even knowing the stock losi chassis IS STRONGER , I have been told this by several machine shops and companies I talked to before contacting ol fart. They all said a aluminum chassis would be weaker than what ever the hell the losi chassis was made of....

As far as this chassis the 7075 chassis ol fart is selling,,,

It has a slightly,(a tiny amount) tighter tolerance for the gear mess and it helps for sure. WAY Less defection and the gears line up BETTER THAN STOCK THANK YOU!

Its thicker and made out of the same materials with a deeper milling than a team chase chassis,,, So its basically imposible for the team chassis to be as strong. and when ol fart asked to take a strength challenge they ran scared and talked some crap about needing flex, like the idea never went threw any ones mind before that...

With a bumb stop mounted and a aluminum diff mount the chassis is stiffer in the middle than a stock chassis with a plastic diff case,. That is super important as most losi guys always have broken clutches, its because the diff moves so much it hits the danm engine and has ended a many of bash and race sessions. YOU WANT ZERO FLEX in the middle of a losi chassis, never mind what you think it does to handling you don't want the gear mesh constantly getting crunched and twisted. I have had a rmck blow 2 clutches nearly instantly on a stock losi before I saw the motor was pulling the diff down and over into the motor, this was took care of in two ways, a "bumb stop", and very thick mounting area for the diff. Other companies also have fixes for this as well but are always sold out and need a drill and tap to attach.

The 7075rc chassis has more flex where you want it than a team chassis as we left out the chassis braces, it flexs before and aft the motor, just like 4wd yokomos, if you drove one of those then you will understand the theory behind the controlled flex. We don't have super computers but we do have some basic testing machines around here I have access to, plus a 400 book library on matters pertaining to the subject where I work plus 3 other people in the automotive field that have all seen/fixed/ and raced plenty of real cars.(not a auto shop)

And another thing, if old fart can make entry level redcats into tricked out beasts what do think his losi chassis is going to do ? Really making a entry level car into a acceptable race machine is harder than building a race losi, no other company has improved a rc as much as 7075rc parts improved the red cat rampage,,, so don't ya think improving a much higher end product is prob going to be EASIER as there are less problems to solve? 7075rc is not well known,,, but IS known for great parts and solutions to problems given by customers.

Any way ill post some sexy pics of the chassis later tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

DUFFY

krashkrieg

Contributor
DUFFY said:
As far as the team chase chassis, iv seen it at large scale and it is a scanned copy of the original chassis. the original chassis is made off a very HIGH strength magnesium alloy, its really the best material for a chassis and is super expensive to make {impossible on a small scale to manufacture} , I could put the losi chassis on a test machine and push it threw a aluminum chassis like a knife threw butter. So the team chase is slighty lighter than stock, but weaker, is only one piece so its no easier to work on and the flex tuning thing they talk about is ,,, over rated to say the least,, look at it ,,they did no work on or even made any improvements, they just scanned the stock chassis and milled it out of 7075 with out even knowing the stock losi chassis IS STRONGER , I have been told this by several machine shops and companies I talked to before contacting ol fart. They all said a aluminum chassis would be weaker than what ever the hell the losi chassis was made of....As far as this chassis the 7075 chassis ol fart is selling,,,

It has a slightly,(a tiny amount) tighter tolerance for the gear mess and it helps for sure. WAY Less defection and the gears line up BETTER THAN STOCK THANK YOU!

Its thicker and made out of the same materials with a deeper milling than a team chase chassis,,, So its basically imposible for the team chassis to be as strong. and when ol fart asked to take a strength challenge they ran scared and talked some crap about needing flex, like the idea never went threw any ones mind before that...

With a bumb stop mounted and a aluminum diff mount the chassis is stiffer in the middle than a stock chassis with a plastic diff case,. That is super important as most losi guys always have broken clutches, its because the diff moves so much it hits the danm engine and has ended a many of bash and race sessions. YOU WANT ZERO FLEX in the middle of a losi chassis, never mind what you think it does to handling you don't want the gear mesh constantly getting crunched and twisted. I have had a rmck blow 2 clutches nearly instantly on a stock losi before I saw the motor was pulling the diff down and over into the motor, this was took care of in two ways, a "bumb stop", and very thick mounting area for the diff. Other companies also have fixes for this as well but are always sold out and need a drill and tap to attach.

The 7075rc chassis has more flex where you want it than a team chassis as we left out the chassis braces, it flexs before and aft the motor, just like 4wd yokomos, if you drove one of those then you will understand the theory behind the controlled flex. We don't have super computers but we do have some basic testing machines around here I have access to, plus a 400 book library on matters pertaining to the subject where I work plus 3 other people in the automotive field that have all seen/fixed/ and raced plenty of real cars.(not a auto shop)

And another thing, if old fart can make entry level redcats into tricked out beasts what do think his losi chassis is going to do ? Really making a entry level car into a acceptable race machine is harder than building a race losi, no other company has improved a rc as much as 7075rc parts improved the red cat rampage,,, so don't ya think improving a much higher end product is prob going to be EASIER as there are less problems to solve? 7075rc is not well known,,, but IS known for great parts and solutions to problems given by customers.

Any way ill post some sexy pics of the chassis later tonight.
THANKS!.. Very good explanation. I was already impressed with OlFarts work, most of my XBe is made by him!

I was just curious because it looks solid but still used the stock mud guards which I seem to feel that flex in a caged roll over was advantageous.

You have snapped me back to reality with your .02

I think I'll be putting off my XBe chassis update and getting one of these for my Losi.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Ol said:
I would like to offer any help I can with your Power Jam effort. I have not sold any after the thread on Large Scale turned south due to a poor review. It was dissed because a double steering servo would not fit....and I make RedCat parts.I am sure if people would look at it with an open mind they would like it, especially with the new Grafil body, a perfect match in my opinion. By the way, when will those be available, RC DAD??
Hey Doug, that site gets very little traffic and a lot of very ignorant people post whatever they want.

If I get your chassis and put my 46cc on it I'm sure to post lots of photos/ videos of my beast giving it a proper big mill beat down.

Your chassis will start to get the attention it deserves on much more frequented forums like L5F and HBF.

DUFFY

Yes thanks krashkrieg, you reminded me, the chassis can still use the side stock side guard , and if ppl want the 4 bolts we just need to drill a few holes to bolt down the stock gaurds in place. Here is some photos, im going to run like this since this prototype had no guards. I just have to open the bottem and slide it under every thing. . Here are some photos.

Ol' fart

Here is a shot of the latest version with the side guards on.

securedownload[1].jpg

securedownload[1].jpg

/monthly_2014_06/583c6070dad03_securedownload1.jpg.6e871883a8d3b9ca536d924806226c7c.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts