• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Losi chassi update

krashkrieg

Contributor
Yes, it has been completely overhauled and as I am now a heavy poster over there and many know me, I will make a big splash with a well stated post there about the new design when it's time.

Ol' fart

Cats outta the bagHere are some pic's for those of you with a Losi. It has a new feature we call an undercover. It slides on the dirt and rocks easily and protects the screws at the same time.

securedownload[1] (2).jpg

securedownload[1] (3).jpg

securedownload[1] (4).jpg

securedownload[1].jpg

securedownload[2].jpg

securedownload[1] (2).jpg

securedownload[1] (3).jpg

securedownload[1] (4).jpg

securedownload[1].jpg

securedownload[2].jpg

/monthly_2014_08/583c60711f8e6_securedownload1(2).jpg.d8d6961368042764f653e2a3409e725a.jpg

/monthly_2014_08/583c607120a4a_securedownload1(3).jpg.8900494b56a83867d00cbc65da35d58a.jpg

/monthly_2014_08/583c607121c6a_securedownload1(4).jpg.1a28c49549d49e22e400a6cec6ae499f.jpg

/monthly_2014_08/583c60712318b_securedownload1.jpg.6ebf734e42f1a52a6a3d08ed9d8687bc.jpg

/monthly_2014_08/583c6071248ba_securedownload2.jpg.ca24c28d7fae4bd61ed6d3fd9e0e83d7.jpg

Ol' fart

claude bigelow said:
Looks good!!! So is it available on your site?
Yes ,it will but not right away. I'm sending it to three people for testing and if it goes well I will have it up in about two weeks.

ika

All new Aluminum Chassis for Losi 5ive

Main Body is made from 6061 Aluminum

Why 6061 and not 7075?

DUFFY

Two reasons for the 6061. It kills two birds with one stone

1. You want some flex on the main chassis for traction and handling. You will feel the difference of the chassis. I recommend using the chassis braces for best results.

2. It reduces the vibration and oscillation that causes screws to fall out. Combined with the under guard there is a highly reduced risk of a motor or diff coming out :) You will still need to lock tight the motor ect ect.

There is the option to make it out of 7075 and play it off as better than a multiple alloy chassis(intergrated), although we are trying to deliver a product that improves the truck in a objective way. There is a lot of thinking that went into this chassis from multiple sources, to say the least.

At first glance there is only so many things you can do to improve from the stock, until you really look at higher forms of engineering, that upgrade manufactures don't usually entail, (worry about).

The basic concept was to deliver some thing more on the lines of a Snowboard /UNIFRAME chassis like found in a corvette, while including additional parts to fix or improve any problem areas.., rather than just a drilled flat plate.

Ol fart was not messing around.

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
+10! Tons of thought, time and design stages went into this chassis...

Extremely well stated!

You've left nothing for me to add except it should be on sale very soon...they are in production!

Ol' fart

Thanks guys. The first run is almost done...moving to a new building really slowed things down but I think I'll have them up for sale next week. I'll throw some pics up with details then.

Ol' fart

Silent_chaos said:
I beleive it's a Great chassis. Are you making a 2wd version of it? Or only standard 4x4?
Only one version.

Next up is one for the DBXL which I hear is really bad.

Silent_chaos

Ol said:
Only one version.Next up is one for the DBXL which I hear is really bad.
Is there enough interest for dbxl? I have seen some selling it for a 5ive-t.

I think a good investment would be a chassis for the baja Platform. You can never go wrong with baja.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Silent_chaos said:
Is there enough interest for dbxl? I have seen some selling it for a 5ive-t. I think a good investment would be a chassis for the baja Platform. You can never go wrong with baja.
1 The dbxl flexes like crazy

2 no-one is making one yet

3 tons of options for Baja already

Ol' fart

Plus I'll use the same inserts so all I have to do is middle. Hell. I bet the side guards are at the same angle so my fixture's will work too.

rcgasser

Silent_chaos said:
Is there enough interest for dbxl? I have seen some selling it for a 5ive-t. I think a good investment would be a chassis for the baja Platform. You can never go wrong with baja.
Huge market for the DBXL baja platform is way to old everybody and there mama makes part for the baja platform. The DBXL and the 5T is the way to go no competition and well needed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts