• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Losi chassi update

DUFFY

Yes the stock chassis is the same, the side guards for me are just there to stop side impacts from noobs ramming me. No side guards might actually trap less dirt over all but leaves the cars carb pit there all alone.

rookie101

Losi chassi update

DUFFY said:
Yes thanks krashkrieg, you reminded me, the chassis can still use the side stock side guard , and if ppl want the 4 bolts we just need to drill a few holes to bolt down the stock gaurds in place. Here is some photos, im going to run like this since this prototype had no guards. I just have to open the bottem and slide it under every thing. . Here are some photos.
Hey DUFFY, do you have any better pictures of the side guards and the body mounted?

Last edited by a moderator:

DUFFY

I can try and take some in the day light, but its pretty hard to get a "good" picture since they are kinda covered. I might be able to pull up my under cover a bt more but its there. No cutting at all done to them , but I think ill trim a bit in front and near the pipe. Ill just use some Velcro on the bottom of the stock guards to keep them shaking as a extra precaution.

Ol' fart

claude bigelow said:
Now that's Hot!!! Is this available on the site?
It is but one of the knocks against it is no side mounts for the losi cage. I'm looking forward to getting a grafil body on this chassis, I think they are a perfect match. I don't have a Losi or the body but if any of you do LMK

krashkrieg

Contributor
Ol said:
It is but one of the knocks against it is no side mounts for the losi cage. I'm looking forward to getting a grafil body on this chassis, I think they are a perfect match. I don't have a Losi or the body but if any of you do LMK
But didn't Duffy say that you could somehow mount the stock plastic guards and drill some hole?

Also, with the new version, I can't see in pic, do you have Pipe mount hole? Majority of after market pipes use this mount hole.

Ol' fart

No hole yet but Duffy is going to show me where it goes and it will be on any chassis I ship out. The other guys on that other page complaned about the side mount. I'm sure anybody with some brains can figure out how to get it done.

DUFFY

Yes to make it clear you can use the stock side GAURDS AND the "four bolts" just like it was 100% stock !!!!

The 7075rc chassis with NO side guards is all most as WIDE as a losi chassis WITH the side guards. There is a raised edge where the STOCK side guards mount on a 7075rc chassis, we can drill 4 holes on those edges and bolt the stock guards there, then ppl can use the "four bolts".

(I'm going to use Velcro on the rasied edge). This way I can lock tight my "four bolts" from the STOCK side gaurds to the body,, then slip everything off with out any danm screws!!. . The chassis extends to just about as far the side guards, so every thing is sitting on top of the chassis with just the edge of the chassis showing. Ill post some more pics later.

So ppl have 3 options so far,, after power jam ill do a write up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DUFFY

Stock side guards mounted with a little better pics. You simply open up the bottom and slide it onto the Velcro.

DUFFY

Just wait, we have big plans for the chassis. In a side note my buddies Redcat MT placed in both a mains in the buggy class at power jam. Steering looked difficult but it's a beast in a straight and on the figure 8. The RamPig was not to be bullied as many attempts to crash it resulted in the attacking car to bounce off/break/ get lapped.

DUFFY

Well the losi no longer comes with the exotic alloy the first run had, its some sort of aluminum, saw 2 broken losi stock chassis at power jam. I was told this happened when the "revised shocks came out". The Losi site claims aluminum, now regardless.

The chassis is moving along, you guys are going to love it! As you know ol fart does not make parts, just to make parts, It has to be a upgrade or problem fix. This chassis package will be a true upgrade. I don't want to spill the beans just yet but you will be surprised how much work and thought went into it. I cant wait to get my hands on this completed version. You will get a lot of value for the price.

rampage idiot

DUFFY said:
Well the losi no longer comes with the exotic alloy the first run had, its some sort of aluminum, saw 2 broken losi stock chassis at power jam. I was told this happened when the "revised shocks came out". The Losi site claims aluminum, now regardless.The chassis is moving along, you guys are going to love it! As you know ol fart does not make parts, just to make parts, It has to be a upgrade or problem fix. This chassis package will be a true upgrade. I don't want to spill the beans just yet but you will be surprised how much work and thought went into it. I cant wait to get my hands on this completed version. You will get a lot of value for the price.
Good to hear! You mean so all the guys on the Losi forum will miss out on this cause Doug makes Redcat parts! LOL

DUFFY

Hehe they will come around real fast when they see it :) The mood has changed over there actually. The team losi factory racers saw it and said They approve :) , they found the craftsmanship impressive, as would any one.

rampage idiot

DUFFY said:
Hehe they will come around real fast when they see it :) The mood has changed over there actually. The team losi factory racers saw it and said They approve :) , they found the craftsmanship impressive, as would any one.
Good to hear! hate to see an awesome product not used and appreciated!

DUFFY

Ok, about 70% done, the main chassis 100% done though, Ol'fart test fitment and it was good, it was all good. If he does not post pics, ill post some myself when I get the goods in a few days. We are still talking about a few things. It wont be to long before its ready for retail.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts