• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Losi chassi update

Ol' fart

Got the prototype done. Off to he customer for testing. The inserts are over a quarter inch thick. That's my 200 lb son standing on it with almost no flex

G

That is sweet. I think I see one in my future.

Are you going to make a both Truck and Buggy versions?

Ol' fart

RCDAD said:
That is sweet. I think I see one in my future.Are you going to make a both Truck and Buggy versions?
Yes. the buggy will be four inches shorter

Ol' fart

Not yet. For the buggy there is a body that will fit but for the truck I'll have to make some way of mounting the cage and that will effect the price. I am aiming for 200.00

twissted

Banned
So is this the chassis that will work with the build that I did?

With the losi 5ive cage and body? using the rear XBE shafts front and rear?

I want one if it is!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol' fart

No, this will not work on your build as it is the stock Losi layout. However I am working on a redcat parts layout that is the same size as the Losi so anyone could put all their Redcat parts on the new chassis and have what you worked so hard to make. Here is a pic of the size compared to a Chimera

Ol' fart

Well, it will be milled. That's just an 1/8 stock piece to test the mounting locations and the wheelbase. But it will not fit a nice Losi body like yours, in fact it will not have a polycarb body at all.

G

Ol said:
No, this will not work on your build as it is the stock Losi layout. However I am working on a redcat parts layout that is the same size as the Losi so anyone could put all their Redcat parts on the new chassis and have what you worked so hard to make. Here is a pic of the size compared to a Chimera
I am excited to see the final product!

G

Ol said:
Not yet. For the buggy there is a body that will fit but for the truck I'll have to make some way of mounting the cage and that will effect the price. I am aiming for 200.00
For the buggy you might want to make some wing mounts and include them with the chassis.

DUFFY

Sorry you cant see much , just wanted to show the first test run. The losi body fits on the tuck chassis just fine btw.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts