• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Drive cup sleeves

rampage idiot

Michaels12 said:
Installed 4130 chromoly sleeves todayNothing special, but I can't foresee a failure there.... With the exception

of the shafts

What size 4130 did you use?

Michaels12

Motakitty said:
Thats on my watch list.... Looks like a good idea to me.

Its about the same cost for the chromoly that i bought.

The only concern i had was the ID being 20mm.

Putting the mic on the cups i have shows 19.964mm which means youll have to

Bond the CF to the cup... I think.

I wanted to have a slight interference fit.

Michaels12

rampage idiot said:
What size 4130 did you use?
Thats 7/8 x.049 wall. I just took the average of the cups and bore to that size.

Then used a flapper to sand to the correct fit. If its too tight it will cause the slot in the cup to bind on the pin.... So its a fine line from too tight ,to just right.

If i can do it..... Its super easy :D

Michaels12

Thank you sir!

I trying to get a few of these cut and bored for all the cups.

I think that's 12 per MT.

Ran out of fingers and toes to count on.

I'd really like to have time to make some " moly" shafts

I saw a four ball bearing configuration that looked like a great design,

that would eliminate a lot of wear issues, but that requires resources.

Motakitty

susannary said:
I agree Diablo 3 gold guess after you finished a inferno machine battle exit and re-establish the game, and this has led to a 3 inferno devices are randomized to the combination of Rakanoth and Salim combination ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D3 Gold||RS Gold||WOW Gold
Spam much:mad:

kur

I take it the drive cups are a common failure point across the entire redcat 1/5th scale line up? If a person was not inclined to do this mod, are there any aftermarket cups available?

Not that I wouldn't do this mod.. I did something very similar to the rpm hubs on my revo back in the day to keep the pillow balls from popping out. Worked wonders!

PrjctStrtFrce

Bumping an old thread, but I have a question about the copper sleeves. I purchased the correct pipe and cut 4 pieces for the center cups which were a nice fit in my MT V3, but they have quite a bit of play when I put them on my diff cups.

If I were to clamp them slightly then they would have somewhat of an oval shape, and I would imagine that wouldn't be the best for rotating mass.

Any ideas or alternatives for a DYI? I haven't broken any cups or axles yet...knock on wood...but I would like to beef them up while I have everything apart.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dirk Squarejaw

I just did all mine on a brand new xb. Mine had a nice slip fit with little interference so I used red loctite on them . I haven't ran it yet, but I tried pulling them off the next day and couldn't.

BertR

I did my center cups a while back and used an adhesiv but eventually the sleeves move forwards and back on the cups. I thought about cutting them long and slightly bending the ends over the cup to stop the slip back n forth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.