• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Drive cup sleeves

Fearless

Hey guys just thought I should share with you all, thanks to a post, posted by Idly 666 I did follow his idea about getting a 3/4 type L copper pipe for drive cups sleeves and man, that fits and work perfect made rings for my XT and install them raw also did made for my Mt as well but I wrap the rings with CF vinyl for a little bling. Home depot sell's the pipe 2' long around 10 bucks a piece. Again thanks Idly666.

PS. U got love this forum.

Ildy666

Fearless said:
Hey guys just thought I should share with you all, thanks to a post, posted by Idly 666 I did follow his idea about getting a 3/4 type L copper pipe for drive cups sleeves and man, that fits and work perfect made rings for my XT and install them raw also did made for my Mt as well but I wrap the rings with CF vinyl for a little bling. Home depot sell's the pipe 2' long around 10 bucks a piece. Again thanks Idly666.PS. U got love this forum.
No problem fearless,glad to help i'm happy somebody took my advice.i saw a post about diff cup sleeves and was bored so me and the kids went around searching for material for sleeves.went to home depot with a spare diff cup and started fitting it to every pipe i saw until i found the type "L" copper and thought YAHTZEE...i found it.it fits really well and its way stronger then we need.plus its cheap and thrifty and one 2 foot length goes a long way.great that u used my idea and hope others do to.that's why this forum rocks because everybody looks out for one an other...Ildy....

Fearless

Cool

Ildy666 said:
No problem fearless,glad to help i'm happy somebody took my advice.i saw a post about diff cup sleeves and was bored so me and the kids went around searching for material for sleeves.went to home depot with a spare diff cup and started fitting it to every pipe i saw until i found the type "L" copper and thought YAHTZEE...i found it.it fits really well and its way stronger then we need.plus its cheap and thrifty and one 2 foot length goes a long way.great that u used my idea and hope others do to.that's why this forum rocks because everybody looks out for one an other...Ildy....
Cool man thanks for the reply it really works awesome did the XT all the way around now I am waiting for a spare tome to install on the MT as well.

larryo

Looks good.. This might help keep the HPI boots on the cv cup now.

andyken

Ildy666 said:
I also tried it, and have not run it [darn snow] I thought I'd run if first, to say they worked.

They fit the rear of my xb fine, I crimped them a bit...sort of oval shaped.

Butt...It was too loose on the front diff output cup?

I replaced my rear output cups with "upgraded" cups?

Not sure why the front are smaller?

I haven't done the center drive yet either, just the rear axles and diff output.

Great idea!

blak__jak

andyken did you make sure that the pipe you got was L copper if it was M instead of L it will be thinner wall and the i.d. will be slightly bigger. the type is printed on outside of pipe and lowes will sometimes only have M copper it's cheaper.

andyken

I got the L type, just seemed wierd that the front cups on my xb diff a smaller? Like I said , I broke a rear and replaced with a "upgraded" cups. Front are stock...

Dreggsta

i don't have my xt's in yet. had them shipped to my work but i'm sick. wanted to do this before i run them. so 3/4"o.d. x 1/2"-3/4"L?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Yes it helps. It strengthens the cup. Many guys have made them for their MTs.

Ildy666

Dreggsta said:
i don't have my xt's in yet. had them shipped to my work but i'm sick. wanted to do this before i run them. so 3/4"o.d. x 1/2"-3/4"L?
Not 100% 0n length .before u cut them maybe someone can give an accurate length...

Ildy666

Dreggsta said:
Ok thanks ildy. Great idea btw. Gotta love forward thinking. :)
Thats what happens when u want it.now and don't want to wait.plus there inexpensive and ghats always a good thing...the money u save u can spend on other goodies...

Dreggsta

That's right ildy! Now I have a new question, anyone know what size boot will go over the diff cup mod (copper)? I don't want to put boots on the diff cup & then put copper around it (type m). Maybe the boot will stretch over the copper? Guess I'll find out. Gotta get better & go to work &, pick up my xt's when i leave.

TXflycat

Maybe you could try a piece of heat shrink around the cup and copper tubing? Seems like it would make a perfect fit... :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.