• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Drive cup sleeves

Dreggsta

Man I might buy a couple cans from you lol.

What tornado hit you? When? I haven't been keeping up w/the news since they let our prez get away w/benghazi gate.

TheCount

On further investigation it appears the cv joint locked up, the pin was missing so not sure on the order that it all happened. Maybe the pin came loose & jammed the cv joint. Anyway I ordered a new set. If it happens again ill change to dog bones on the front.

Dreggsta

so that was a cvd drive? i was led to believe that was an output shaft cup. what angles are you running your axles/dog bones/cvd's?

TheCount

Dreggsta said:
so that was a cvd drive? i was led to believe that was an output shaft cup. what angles are you running your axles/dog bones/cvd's?
You can see in the pic that its the outer cv joint.

All suspension setup is standard. The pin is missing & the cv is jammed, so not sure exactly why went wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreggsta

Yeh I don't know what I'm thinking count. I'm on my way to my grandparents memorial so I'm a lil off.

When you say standard suspension set up what do you mean? I bought 2 xt's at the sane time & they were set up differently. I leveled them out w/a slight push downward.

Michaels, sorry to see the devastation. I know what it's like being here in baton rouge dealing w/hurricanes. What's magnificent is the rebuild process. Things get fixed like nothing ever happened. Best wishes to you & yours.

TheCount

The front springs have the spring adjuster ring still at the top of the shock. no extra tension.

It looks like the cv siezed or the pin came loose. Might be just one of those things. You know crap Chinese quality. Some times things just break.

Deano

Hi all Deano from down under OZ...

I have an XBE (HSP Fable here in Australia) and was looking to do some mods to my new buggy before I hit the track.

I was looking at doing the Diff cup thing but as Count said we have different size piping which makes it hard lol...

Then I starting looking at other ways I could sleeve the cups and realised that the Carbon fibre tail boom on my HK600 electric Heli is 20mm internal diameter. Having a spare tail boom I had a look and hey presto perfect fit. The tail boom cost me about $10 on ebay and is plenty long enough to do a couple of Buggy’s. Thought I would share my findings with you guys.

Michaels12

Deano said:
Hi all Deano from down under OZ...I have an XBE (HSP Fable here in Australia) and was looking to do some mods to my new buggy before I hit the track.

I was looking at doing the Diff cup thing but as Count said we have different size piping which makes it hard lol...

Then I starting looking at other ways I could sleeve the cups and realised that the Carbon fibre tail boom on my HK600 electric Heli is 20mm internal diameter. Having a spare tail boom I had a look and hey presto perfect fit. The tail boom cost me about $10 on ebay and is plenty long enough to do a couple of Buggy’s. Thought I would share my findings with you guys./QUOTE]

That was very out of the box. Excellent idea!

Good on ya mate!

Deano

Hi Count,

Im in N.S.W Muswellbrook...

the Carbon tubes slide over snug not a problem you couldn't get a better fit if you tried. Bit of super glue or something to hold them and your good to go.

TheCount

Fitted my new front cv's today. sleeved them as well. This time i packed them full of cv grease i had left over from doing my missus's hyundai. Glued & sealed the drive boots as well.

Now it's time to do the same my new D/R. It has cv's front & back & most of the suspension parts appear to be more heavy duty than my M/T.

Shalako

Michaels12 said:
Installed 4130 chromoly sleeves todayNothing special, but I can't foresee a failure there.... With the exception

of the shafts

You have a link where you got them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online