• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xbe xl

Knuckles

What gearing are you running? My buddy has that esc with a fightercat racing 10cap set and running 12s and it works great. What batteries are you running? Not good quality batteries or improper gearing could be a problem causing high temps.

You should not have a problem with warranty, I asked Dan about it when I was thinking about getting one. I also thought about MGM one but I could buy three other esc for that price. Hahaha

BoukeG

Yeah, true - MGM are more expensive, but if they would last 3 fightercat esc's, they would be a better choice (also more functions), also I'm in Europe so warranty would be less problem for me. And I mailed Dan about my broken ESC last week, no reply yet.

bigfol

Knuckles said:
What gearing are you running? My buddy has that esc with a fightercat racing 10cap set and running 12s and it works great. What batteries are you running? Not good quality batteries or improper gearing could be a problem causing high temps.You should not have a problem with warranty, I asked Dan about it when I was thinking about getting one. I also thought about MGM one but I could buy three other esc for that price. Hahaha
The batts I'm using are turnigy nano's 5000 mah 130c, they should be up to the job, they haven't let me down before, the esc smoked after programming it with the programme box, I dialled down the timing a bit and then it just let go......pretty disappointing really, haven't decided weather to return it yet just more money wasted on postage and god only knows how long it will take to make the warranty claim.......

Knuckles

I got the pleasure of doing all the soldering on my buddies esc, he was to cheap to buy the programming box. I think he just used the computer to program it. I don't think Dan from Kershaw plays with programming to much, I am still pissed that when I did a KV test on my XL2 it made my leopard 5698 smoked. Still don't understand what happened there. Sorry this is your thead...

Knuckles

Yes it is

bigfol said:
Not a issue knuckles, just venting, things go wrong in this hobby, it's just expensive when they do.....
It is aggrivating to hear as well, because it makes it hard to buy something when you are seriously thinking about it. I think I may stick with the XL2, but I am afraid the 8s is going to melt it down. I may use a bigger cap set from fighter cat racing. The castle pro bec works well though.

Can you post a picture of the kershaw esc? I want to see where you mounted that thing. I hear it is huge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.