• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xbe xl

bigfol

So it begins, doug has my new 7075 Xl xbe chassis on it way, so I have been gathering all the hops in the mean time..... I will be replacing my old motor 1200kv Horracing with a new leopard 780kv 4 pole motor and running it with a 16s capable esc on 12s...more pic's to follow...

bigfol

7075's new extended chassis has arrive, great work doug, looks awesome in black, I'll post pic's soon, just heads up to anyone who is going to buy one of these new chassis, you will need to trim the bottom off the lower wing support brackets to make them fit, the new chassis has a raised section at the rear that the tail piece of the chassis screws to its about 4/5mm high, you just need to trim a small bit off the brackets where the rear screw goes though the chassis, no big deal.....

grafildave

Love to see our XBE-G body on this Redcat!!!!

bigfol

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Those are some impressive tie rods. Where did you get them?What ESC did you go with?
I ended up with a 16s esc from Kershaw its a rebranded (FLIER) from china, got hold the OEM and they sent me the latest firmware update which wrote to the esc with out any issue, so I off to a good start, fingers crossed it stays that way..... :rolleyes:

bigfol

Ol said:
The new Leopard on 12's !! your scaring me.
Its going to be bloody quick, running 12s will increase the rpm by about 7000 rpm, compared to my 1200kv motor on 6s. I 'll start off with it geared 14/46 and if all goes well, work my way up to 18/41, My aim is to have it do wheelies on demand.... :eek:

bigfol

Hey Bourke, good see your still around, haven't heard much from you in a while, you can download the firmware from the addresses below, one site takes you to the firmware, the other is the programmer, you will need a USB to serial adapter though(Kershaw has them) and the files are compressed so you will need a zip programme to unzip the rar file, free off the net just Google it. Is your esc brand a "FLIER" I have the 16s version, apparently the 12s versions didn't hold up so well, how's your going? My new xbe should be ready for it first run soon, just taking my time getting everything working and looking perfect, before I send it off the map......LOL

www.fliermodel.com/DownFiles/FlierUpdate.rar

www.fliermodel.com/DownFiles/FlierPCS23.rar

bigfol

I have run into a problem with the rear wing mount, it falls short of the rear brace by about 3mm where the 4mm bolts join in either side, more than likely due to the chassis being extended, I will try fitting the plastic versions and see if that works or can be modified to fit better, I tried forcing them together, all it did was bend up the rear chassis plate and in the process destroyed the rear dog bone in the process, this thing on 12s is going to be insane, it left me shaking with only a bench test.......

BoukeG

Hi Bigfol - yeah, thanks - it's good to be back. You know, our rainy season here in the Netherlands (and lack of funds) puts this RC hobby a lower priority. Anyway, I'm always thinking about my 1/5th model - I like it more than any other model I own (during winter I bought this small quadcopter which I fly in-house - very cool).

Thanks for sharing the firmware. For me however, it comes too late. The ESC is broken. I was running the 12S 280A model. It was the second run - these where the 2 most expensive runs I've ever had ;-). I guess I'll switch back to 6S for now, even the lipo alarms went of by a quick pull on the gas, the system was insane powerfull. Thinking about switching to A123 batteries, and grab a MGM Comppro. Get the chassis from Ol'Fart - and while I'm at it, some more spurs, steering configuration and shock towers - they look badass...

Looking forward to your final build pictures and videos.

bigfol

BoukeG said:
Hi Bigfol - yeah, thanks - it's good to be back. You know, our rainy season here in the Netherlands (and lack of funds) puts this RC hobby a lower priority. Anyway, I'm always thinking about my 1/5th model - I like it more than any other model I own (during winter I bought this small quadcopter which I fly in-house - very cool).Thanks for sharing the firmware. For me however, it comes too late. The ESC is broken. I was running the 12S 280A model. It was the second run - these where the 2 most expensive runs I've ever had ;-). I guess I'll switch back to 6S for now, even the lipo alarms went of by a quick pull on the gas, the system was insane powerfull. Thinking about switching to A123 batteries, and grab a MGM Comppro. Get the chassis from Ol'Fart - and while I'm at it, some more spurs, steering configuration and shock towers - they look badass...

Looking forward to your final build pictures and videos.
I heard that about the 12s version of this esc, I hope this new one goes the distance, heading down to the farm next week with the lads to try it out, one of my mates has converted a losi 5 to brushless, running with the mgm and the biggest brushless motor I have ever seen, so far we have measured it producing 15hp.....its just ballistic on 12s.....I hope to give him a run for his money, I'll try and get some video, between drinks......LOL

Ol' fart

bigfol said:
I have run into a problem with the rear wing mount, it falls short of the rear brace by about 3mm where the 4mm bolts join in either side, more than likely due to the chassis being extended, I will try fitting the plastic versions and see if that works or can be modified to fit better, I tried forcing them together, all it did was bend up the rear chassis plate and in the process destroyed the rear dog bone in the process, this thing on 12s is going to be insane, it left me shaking with only a bench test.......
The chassis was extended in the front only, Moved the steering shaft mounting holes and the servo mounting holes only. Everything shoul be the same in the back of the car.

bigfol

Well as a half expected the 16s esc went up in smoke after 10mins, I followed the instructions to the letter, loaded the latest firmware and programmed correctly, running 12s was almost un-drivable, when I could actually get the vehicle to stop doing back filps from a standing start it went like a bat out of hell, too fast IMO and I didn't even get it to full throttle, the tyres still ballooned even after taping, I'm going to stick with 6s to 8s set up and just gear up using my old faithful castle xl2 esc, good old American know how and by the way the 16s esc is freaking huge compared to my xl2, the Chinese could defiantly take leaf out of castles book........ Kershaw's how's warranty looking?????

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.