• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XB: The Dark Side

designed2survive

I rested the TC cage on my XCD build, liked the look and wondered why not.

So it got started

IMG_0716_zpsue0l8a9d.jpg

IMG_0722_zpsbbrv7cxj.jpg

The look I'm aiming for.

IMG_0757_zpslvn5pee0.jpg

designed2survive

Cage side mounts

Next electronics, engine etc...

I will install the OBR G34O reed at one point but for winter I'll give my old 30.5 a go.

Last edited by a moderator:

designed2survive

RampageHopUps said:
The cage looks so much better down low on the chassis. It will look great once its done. Good Luck!!
Yes it does! I'm mounting it as low as possible! Thanks Rob!

designed2survive

I have also shortened the chassis to remove 75% of the forward backward play of the drive shafts. So no more earplug foam needed.

phreerider

nice direction! are going to cover plug? with a liitle more totla height in cage placement?

when XB is nice and tight to surface, it really steps up handling. good stuff man!

designed2survive

phreerider said:
nice direction! are going to cover plug? with a liitle more totla height in cage placement?when XB is nice and tight to surface, it really steps up handling. good stuff man!
Thanks!

Plug is covered with plug cover from original xb cage. Low CG is good for handling indeed. The cage is sitting at the lowest height possible for it to still fit. The mount raise it an half of an inch above the chassis.

designed2survive

lordachoo said:
Nice, looks good.Probably a dumb question, whats the copper looking material on the cups? Is it a different type of cup?
Thanks! Not a dumb question, the copper tubes are a mod to reinforce the stock cups.

XbFreak

Where can I find one of those aluminum throttle servo plates? I have always wondered why no one offers them.

designed2survive

XbFreak said:
Where can I find one of those aluminum throttle servo plates? I have always wondered why no one offers them.
This one I made myself. Don't know if anyone offers it for sale.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts