• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Why do some people hate Redcat so much?

batwings

I've gotta say I've had some pains with Redcat, but I'm also new to this. Once I got my truck tuned and put a decent clutch in it I've had tons of fun. Only other issue is the RX switch rusted through, but some crazy operator may have taken the thing through lots of melted snow and mud!! For the price I like the machine and have fun with it! It would be nice if Redcat would make small parts more available without the huge shipping fees if you don't need to order $100 or more worth of stuff.

Knuckles

I have had all of manufacterers and I recently started with redcat 1/5 scales and have been happy so far. The problem I feel is it was hard to get parts for them at one time. But now you can get them on line very easily and quickly. local hobby shops are nervous about quality as well, remember if they sell it they own it. the customers will come back and complain if there is a problem, I did not find redcat tech support all that helpful either. I just feel you need experience in the hobby to have a redcat and be able to fix the stuff yourself. IMO

RazorHobbies

I remember seeing redcat for the first time many years ago and i purchased several of their cars and definitely there were quality control issues in the beginning.

They have definitely come along way in regards to quality control and parts support.

I feel that one of the biggest issues still is immediate parts support. Even alot of sellers of Redcat cars do not cary parts or have very little to be effective.

If more hobby shops would start carrying the parts Redcat would become even more popular.

We have one of the largest parts selections in the State of Texas for Redcat Parts and we literally have some people drive 100 - 140 miles away just to get stocked up on parts for the next day. The furthest I have seen someone drive is 200 miles away. Which is crazy far.

So if the parts are their they will come if they know where they can get the parts.

GoffeeRedCat

RazorHobbies said:
I remember seeing redcat for the first time many years ago and i purchased several of their cars and definitely there were quality control issues in the beginning.They have definitely come along way in regards to quality control and parts support.

I feel that one of the biggest issues still is immediate parts support. Even alot of sellers of Redcat cars do not cary parts or have very little to be effective.

If more hobby shops would start carrying the parts Redcat would become even more popular.

We have one of the largest parts selections in the State of Texas for Redcat Parts and we literally have some people drive 100 - 140 miles away just to get stocked up on parts for the next day. The furthest I have seen someone drive is 200 miles away. Which is crazy far.

So if the parts are their they will come if they know where they can get the parts.
I'm going to have my cousin stop by and get me some parts before he visits Chicago.....I believe he said hes 5 miles away from your store!!

RazorHobbies

GoffeeRedCat said:
I'm going to have my cousin stop by and get me some parts before he visits Chicago.....I believe he said hes 5 miles away from your store!!
When does he plan on stopping by as we are closed on sunday's and monday's until our new store is finished being built and opens.

RazorHobbies

If he give me an idea when he wants to come I can meet him at the store.

As well as what parts is he needing that way i can pull them aside for him as sometimes we accasionally sell out.

GoffeeRedCat

RazorHobbies said:
If he give me an idea when he wants to come I can meet him at the store.As well as what parts is he needing that way i can pull them aside for him as sometimes we accasionally sell out.
I'll let you know!! He's deployed at sea right now and he'll be back on land in April, then going to Chicago at the great lakes academy for training.

oldman1964

when i bought my first 1/5 scale it was a hpi 5bss, i joined baja owners groups on facebook and all i seen was clone crap this and clone crap that,so........i bought a km t-1000 i figured why knock them if ya havent tried them, well so far the km has stood up to all my bashing and now im the proud owner of a MT which i intend to bash the crap out of. ive been in this hobby for more yrs. than i care to remember. so at the end of the day its all about the hobby and what you can afford to buy,bash,crash,repair, and repeat!!!!!!

nik81818

Me and my bro were looking into the 5th scales but the hpi was way too much and losi was expensive as well so I ordered us a xb and dr for less than the cost of the hpi baja. Overall im happy with mine (dr) and my bros having issues with his but thanks to these forums hell sort it out shortly. Overall buy what u like and don't let anyone tell u different. As long as u like it that's all that matters. Just leave the hpis better, losis better, traxxas is better behind no body cares here. Ive seen people post on here that don't even own redcats. One guy has an exceed rc but the parts are very similar so who cares whats better than what. I think we can all agree rcs kick ass

Gaz

Well said, period!!!

Sergio

I was looking into getting the baja 5b ss but somehow i found the cats on eBay and got an MT For 650.00 after days of pain waiting For it finally got it and sparks flew and about 2 or 3 days i just ordered a brand new xb and cant wait to put my hands on it :)

G

Get what intrigues you. It's not only about the cost of the platforms. I like the cats. They are fun to work on. If the XB was $1200 I'd still try one out. The platform is just a starting point. Then I build it the way I like. The cost of the platform is normally 25% the cost of the end result. If what you have doesn't suit your needs then try a different platform.

Chief409

Everything RCDAD said X2!

Never owned a RC rig that I haven't put through extensive modifications to get it the way I want it. Except a Revo that I have just done break in runs on. Then I got the Dune Runner. I'm sure I'll get around to the Revo also.

erdoganog

owned team associated mgt trucks for years the original .21 gt the 4.6se and the 8 all of them got sold by the years [should of kept them i know]

coming from that brand i can say for the price i paid for new rampage is pretty nice

i owned a hpi rs4 shit sucked shitty cant hold a tune right sold next month

what im saying here is that no matter the brand in the end they all have problems

and edit no offence but traxxas is just overpriced sorry not sorry..... saw a jato for 605$ at tower hobbies lol

stryker48

Again I can't stress it enough, I LOVE my Redcat Hurricane, MORE so now after I installed an ESS-ONE sound module to ramp up the fun factor :)

Greggfromohio

As stated before, I think aftermarket support plays a big role. If you constantly break drive shafts or a-arms on a traxxas it's no big deal because there are loads of stronger aftermarket parts available to beef it up. But with smaller brands like redcat there may not be stronger parts available to improve your vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.