• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Why do some people hate Redcat so much?

cordy

Because they cant face the fact that for the entry level price you get a decent platform 4wd,and with a few upgrades you start to be competive.They start out at the $1200 level then start thier upgradeing. The only thing they have is the aftermarket support. This is starting to change with 7075 rc`s stuff,the grafil bodys, and the belt drive.They don't complain about mcd`s,celon`s,horman`s,hurrax`s,fg`s cuz thier expensive. They don't know nutech exist`s. Really because the hobby shops just promote hpi.Then we had the clone invasion.That changed the ball game also. How could the average father buy two $1200 platforms for himself and one for his kids? You can buy two redcats for the price of one hpi,now with two platforms you can have one ready to roll when one breaks,or you can race,or bash with your kids ,wich is priceless quality time.Now look at the losi it`s a bigger money pit than hpi.Why do you think your seeing more hpi`s for sale,cuz these people are trying to offset the cost of the losi.When you spank a hpi,or losi this just adds fuel to the fire,but great satisfaction for the cats.When hpi was the only game in town everyone was making money . Now others are makeing money and hpi people don't like it.Bottom line its all about the benjamans.Enjoy your redcat no matter what anybody says.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

cordy said:
Because they cant face the fact that for the entry level price you get a decent platform 4wd,and with a few upgrades you start to be competive.They start out at the $1200 level then start thier upgradeing. The only thing they have is the aftermarket support. This is starting to change with 7075 rc`s stuff,the grafil bodys, and the belt drive.They don't complain about mcd`s,celon`s,horman`s,hurrax`s,fg`s cuz thier expensive. They don't know nutech exist`s. Really because the hobby shops just promote hpi.Then we had the clone invasion.That changed the ball game also. How could the average father buy two $1200 platforms for himself and one for his kids? You can buy two redcats for the price of one hpi,now with two platforms you can have one ready to roll when one breaks,or you can race,or bash with your kids ,wich is priceless quality time.Now look at the losi it`s a bigger money pit than hpi.Why do you think your seeing more hpi`s for sale,cuz these people are trying to offset the cost of the losi.When you spank a hpi,or losi this just adds fuel to the fire,but great satisfaction for the cats.When hpi was the only game in town everyone was making money . Now others are makeing money and hpi people don't like it.Bottom line its all about the benjamans.Enjoy your redcat no matter what anybody says.
Don't get me wrong... I love my XB :D I was just defending myself on Facebook... someone from Traxxass bashing on Redcat :D That's all.... :D

Deluge

The HPI vs. Losi vs. Redcat vs. Blahblahblah crap is getting old. It's all pointless, because in the end, regardless of brand names, we're all spending ridiculous amounts of money on TOY CARS. It's time to get over that garbage.

GTS 666

Deluge said:
The HPI vs. Losi vs. Redcat vs. Blahblahblah crap is getting old. It's all pointless, because in the end, regardless of brand names, we're all spending ridiculous amounts of money on TOY CARS. It's time to get over that garbage.
Totally agree I own two Hpi bajas and a Smartech they all cost heaps to maintain Hopup and run. But most people that bag or put shit on something have never had any experiance with them any way so don't worry about other people.

Ildy666

Haters suck...screw em Im having fun and Im happy and that's all that matters...

alfred e numan

yes, its like ford is better than dodge- on and on. i enjoy the AU -europe sites, they do not behave in such a shallow manner in these countries- large scale r-c puts on a good event every year- all are welcome. pity gasoline prices are so high---

rcgasser

Deluge said:
+1 Totally agree just have fun with what you like and enjoy!!!!!!

krashkrieg

Contributor
ChuenouXiao said:
Don't get me wrong... I love my XB :D I was just defending myself on Facebook... someone from Traxxass bashing on Redcat :D That's all.... :D
You should meet up with him and drive your redcat over his traxxas...lol

Better yet, don't get involved, waste of time...+1 on Deluge quote

Wasn't traxxas at one time treated like redcat? And now they are doing good... Don't get me wrong, I like traxxas. I have a tmaxx but what drives me nuts is the fiddeling of the constant tuning. I like 1/5th scale better and that is the size that appeals to me.

I will be selling my tmaxx and all the stuff for a good price soon.

go redcat

alfred e numan

All ya gotta do is look at how many new people join this site each week- then look at the other sites-usa, au, europe-- the usa site has a bunch of regulars- but new guys? not even close to the new guys on this site. If the euro holds up, the uk will have a site just about like this one soon- For europes verson of the cat. nuff said.

rampage idiot

The major problem with people bad mouthing redcat is because like you guys said they spent big bucks on a losi or hpi or mcd and now they are jealous of the redcats and while they are waiting for there parts to fix there big buck vehicles they don't have anything better to do than pick on us LOL

the1320god

I've owned all the brands and they ALL break! Its the way this hobby is. But I'm still amazed with my Redcat mt. I have to say I like it better then all that I've had. Just my 2 cents ;-)

Ol' fart

Serves um right, bitch's

When I first started making RedCat parts I sent some prototype's to Obeast44 'cause he was going to some big Power Jam show. Well, he kicked there ass big time with a "piece O shit clone" as they called it.

We call them XBE's.

When it came time for the group pic at the end of the weekend they would not let him in the pic. Pissed me off....still pisses me off.

I'll be making hop-ups for a looooong time.

alfred e numan

Ol said:
When I first started making RedCat parts I sent some prototype's to Obeast44 'cause he was going to some big Power Jam show. Well, he kicked there ass big time with a "piece O shit clone" as they called it. We call them XBE's.

When it came time for the group pic at the end of the weekend they would not let him in the pic. Pissed me off....still pisses me off.

I'll be making hop-ups for a looooong time.
I would have hacked my way into the photo, photoshopped my self holding the cat in one arm while taking a leak. on what you wonder? - take a guess!lol! --

TerraKill

lol, id be a right arse and stand close infront of the camra,block everyone eles in veiw, redcat still wins!!

Its the same treatment over here in England aswell towards the redcats/mavericks, but what makes me chuckle is,

my MT is ALWAYS on the track caining it round all day long hassling the touring cars!!! and ALL the other people with other makes are ALWAYS in the pits?????(bajas being the worsed! ****)

Think that says somthing?

without being a "redcat/maverick snob" im yet to 'see/drive/own' another car that can take the beatings my MT takes, hold its performance and still soilders on (n i love anything r/c regardless of brand, so im not just saying that because i own some MT's)

****alot of people drive A long way to come to my local track, and i feel really sorry for them as on average they get 2-3 runs in a day and the rest of the time is spent fixxing/replacing parts, you really can see the frustration on there faces. (mayb this is the moments i should be talking trash about there baja's xD , but then again we should be setting the examples not folloeing them!! )

Last edited by a moderator:

alfred e numan

ya know- people used to - as in past tense, say the same thing about cars from japan too. ever blow the carbon out of a Infinity g-35? I have! Right up river on the Columbia gorge - no traffic- in the hammer lane- The ugly american wanna be fast cars had zero chance- with the exception of a hi-end model vett- The g-35 would still hang with it--no b.s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.