• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Top 5 Best Stands for 1/5 scale!

Ron E

Contributor
krashkrieg said:
Hey RonE that's one great workspace you have there!!!
*(gotta get a better work chair..lol.. though it's a great beer drinkin chair..LOL)
thanks krash... :) thats just one of about 10 of those folding bag chairs that go to the races, no work out of that chair, just loungin and drinking... :D i've got a real stool i sit on while working on the big rc's. also have a couch with 2 recliners in frt of the tv where the white e-maxx is... some work there but mostly more loungin and drinkin and drinking and... well you know.

now i want a couple real stands for my large scales.

lightning73

Wow nice collection of goodies you got there Ron. I like the bike, I have a KTM 300 enduro it put me in the hospital with knee surgery a few years ago. When my knee healed up I took my frustrations out on it and rode it like I stole it a few more times and the piston blew up, its been sitting ever since with me having no desire to fix it. But I sure do miss riding that bike it was fast and a lot of fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yannik

Well, same thing here, I miss my bike. I used to have a Honda CR 250 and I went later with a Crouch rocket, GSXR 750 when I got to University but unfortunatly, all my dreams and goals kind felt appart when I have my accident. I broke my neck at the level C5-C6 and I became Quadriplegic in 2003! What a nightmare at first, being paralyze is really hard to get use to it. Well, I'm glad I still can enjoy hobbies like this one! I hope guys I wasn't to negative with my story, hey life is still good! :D

krashkrieg

Contributor
Yannik said:
Krash, on the picture you posted earlier, is it an angle stack attach to your air filter?
Yes it is and highly recommended to reach underneath screws and not have to cross linkages.

Holy Crap Yannik, Sorry to hear that terrible, but happy to hear you've got the power of positive thinking and energy...Excellent...

Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
Yannik said:
Well, same thing here, I miss my bike. I used to have a Honda CR 250 and I went later with a Crouch rocket, GSXR 750 when I got to University but unfortunatly, all my dreams and goals kind felt appart when I have my accident. I broke my neck at the level C5-C6 and I became Quadriplegic in 2003! What a nightmare at first, being paralyze is really hard to get use to it. Well, I'm glad I still can enjoy hobbies like this one! I hope guys I wasn't to negative with my story, hey life is still good! :D
Dang man, you are a lot stronger of a person than I am. I don't know if I could handle that and keep the positive attitude like you have.

Yannik

Thanks guys, I trully appreciate your comments! By the way, as soon as I receive the AJS stand Lightning73, I will send you some pictures so you have an idea of how stable it is with a 1/5 scale on it!

DemonRC

Glad you guys like the stand. I might make some of those trays as christmas presents for some of you guys that own a Rigid stand. They really help alot. I've added earth magnets to the front of the tray a few days ago. It's great! That's just untill you lean over the car and they stick to your belt buckle.

I'll start a thread about MCD side pipes. I've got like 3 MCD side pipes ( VRC :) ) that I'll be testing on the new buggy.

Yannik

Catchaser: I never heard the MCD pipe, how does it sound? The only pipe I've heard was the DDM Dominator and I totally felt in love! lol Are they similar in quality?

lightning73

Yannik said:
Thanks guys, I trully appreciate your comments! By the way, as soon as I receive the AJS stand Lightning73, I will send you some pictures so you have an idea of how stable it is with a 1/5 scale on it!
Cool man that sounds good! I havent ordered it just yet because funds are tight at the moment, but I may have some expendable cash in the near future. It will be nice to be able to get a heads up thanks.

Yannik

On the DDM website, when you order a Angled Short Stack, it ask you if you want to select velocity 1)DDM V Stack or 2) WT V Stack or 3) V Stack w/chock. Is there a particulawr one to chose for our Rampage MT? :D

Ron E

Contributor
Yannik said:
dude i'm glad life is good... rc is a great hobby... good to have ya here and stay posative, your story is not negative... it's an inspiration. :)

DemonRC

Yannik said:
Catchaser: I never heard the MCD pipe, how does it sound? The only pipe I've heard was the DDM Dominator and I totally felt in love! lol Are they similar in quality?
This one sounds and really different from the other 3 Jetpro's I've owned. The Jetpro's I've owned were really high pitch and crackly sounding. This one is a much lower rumble at med throttle and doesn't get as high pitched.

I would say the Rampage Dom pipe sounds more like the typical Jetpro's than this one. Performance wise they are fairly close. The Dom seems to have slightly more low end though.

DemonRC

My last rigid stand had pegs that mounted around my FG Baja. I drilled holes to match the outside of the car and installed 3/8" round top carriage bolts with a metal spacer to create the pegs. Then you can cut garden hose and slip them over the bolts.

I have a good design I'm been thinking about that I might fab up next week or so. Basically instead of the flat top I was going to weld up a steel frame to support the car. Then I was going to put a swivel in so you can turn the car over 90 degrees to access the bottom bolts. This seems to be my number 1 peev about flat top stands. You have to balance the car on it's side to remove the bottom bolts which means one hand is taken up holding the car.

Yannik

Catchaser: Sounds like a good idea, if you go forward with it, I'll be curious to see the end result! Custom stands are always a great option because it's kind of hard to find a stand in the 1/5 scale and some of them can be pretty pricy. :D

Yannik

Ron E: Thanks for the kind word, it feels good to hear that my story can be a motivation or an inspiration for some people!......Ho to change subject, I got a good news, I just receive by mail today my new Redcat Rampage MT Pro V3, I can't tell you how excited I am, actually, I feel like a kid again! Before I start it, I'll wait for the HPI filter and all the accessories (Inclined shreadstack, Redneck Pre-filter, ect) I've ordered to arrive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts