• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Top 5 Best Stands for 1/5 scale!

Obeast44

Banned
Well the wife took the camera on her vacation and she wont be back until the 29th. If pics can wait til then I will get one, meanwhile I will be scowering through all my pics to see if I have one of it.

lightning73

LOL! Thats ok Obeast don't trouble yourself, unless others would like to see it. Im probably just gonna settle on either the AJS stand or the one Rob will be making available soon. But thanks for goin thru the effort anyhow I appreciate it.... :)

Yannik

Rob: It is a nice stand and I would be curious to see the custom plate on the top. Would you happen to have a picture of the plate for the Rampage MT? A good thing with this stand Lightning 73 is that you can work on it at the pit, what I mean is the stand is tall enough to work on your truck will being up on your feet instead of being sit at your work table! Let us know Rob when or if you get a pic? :D

RampageHopUps

lightning73 said:
Thats not bad at all!.... :eek: ..... How about an idea of availability?
Probably a few weeks. I have to sell out of the Baja stands before I make more of those.

I haven;t designed it yet, but I will tonight.

Deluge

I just use one of those folding tables and take the tires off the vehicle and use them as a stand. I can fit 3-5 vehicles on one table. $40 at Lowes. Cheap and easy.

DemonRC

Here's my custom Rigid stand. Pic 1: I chopped the top off the main beam and welded in a swivel system. Also I added a height adjustable mount for a tool trayPic 2: The finished tool tray. It has a second layer of lexan over the top to protect the stickies.Pic 3: You can see the swivel lock handle and the handle to adjust the tray height. Also before you ask that's the Jetpro MCD side pipe.PS: I'm designing up a 3 piece multi level folding tray. Kinda like a tackle box kinda tray. I'll post some pics of the 3D drawing later when I get home. It's pretty slick... at least in CAD. Fabricating it up is gonna be a PITA.

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

/monthly_2010_08/IMAG0032.jpg.4c0abbb117c8727b974e8a670b8b7477.jpg

/monthly_2010_08/IMAG0033.jpg.2c70143a1c6e2e74c41f7dd90a653dab.jpg

/monthly_2010_08/IMAG0078.jpg.c943a4cc910224644dca5979eba79e20.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yannik

Ok Catchaser, don't be suprise if your Rigid stand get stolen, hihi... What a nice stand, fantastic job! :) I have a question for you though, are you planing to sell some of your stand because I know that a lot of people would be interested in it, including me? Let me know.

Thanks,

Yannik

krashkrieg

Contributor
I asked friends to keep an eye out for a cheapy swivel chair ready for or in the garbage (OR on the curb for some of you that go there like me..lol). A guy at work brought one in last month.

I took the back off and cut down a five gallon bucket, fits perfect and tools / screws can be held in chair area and the chair shaft allows it to raise up and down when needed.

(Custom banner by my 9yo daughter.. :D )

lightning73

I don't know if I can handle that one Krash, the thought of being that close to someones a$$ groove in a chair isnt something im willing to be a part of...lmao!

krashkrieg

Contributor
lightning73 said:
I don't know if I can handle that one Krash, the thought of being that close to someones a$$ groove in a chair isnt something im willing to be a part of...lmao!
I have taken the foam and seat cover off it's just wood now. no smell...no problem ...lol

lightning73

Was hard to miss but I tried to ignore it so I wouldnt be tempted to buy one...lol...How much was that bad boy catchaser? Its a hot lookin pipe!

Oh crap...The new XT! Wow that totally went over my head...lol

krashkrieg

Contributor
Wow that went over mine too, I don't know a lot of 1/5 brands so I assumed it was an MCD or FG ....lol

Sooo Catchaser how did you come to own to these new beeeauties. :)

Ron E

Contributor
man you guys are making me feel bad, I better step up and buy a real stand.

2010057.jpg

remotecar014.jpg

remotecar013.jpg

remotecar022.jpg

Ron E

Contributor
just so you don't think all my junk rest on buckets, I do own some real stands...

remotecar015.jpg

2010070.jpg

man now i'm feeling bad for my rc's, thanks. good thread though, thanks and very cool stands you guys have... i'll put a couple on the list.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Hey RonE that's one great workspace you have there!!!

*(gotta get a better work chair..lol.. though it's a great beer drinkin chair..LOL)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts