• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Top 5 Best Stands for 1/5 scale!

Yannik

Hi Guys,

Lately, I've been looking to get myself a stand for my 1/5 scale Rampage MT so I've decided to let you know a few cool stands I've found!

1) AJS Machine Stand - 360 degree swivel:

View attachment 3076

- This stand is a bit expense but I just love it! You can customize it to fit your need

2) The Car Stand By Overdose Racing:

View attachment 3077

- This stand will fit any scale and has 5 diff. height.

3) Blue Workstation Stand

View attachment 3078

- This stand, I don't know too much about it but it looks pretty durable!

4) Sawtooth stand:

View attachment 3079

- This is another option of stand but for some reason, I don't really like it!

5) Extreme standz

View attachment 3080

- This stand can be handy because there is a lot of options

Well, these are the 5 best stands that I could find online for the 1/5 scale Monster Truck, Buggy or other types of big scale machines. I understand some people will say that you can build yourself one for a lot cheaper and it's true. I know about two stands that several dude are using, one is the Rigid Stand from Home Depot and the other one is a Keybord stand, I've heard that some folks like it a lot, I don't know! :D

That's it, I hope it can help someone! Let me know what stand you guys have?

Yannik

lightning73

I gotta get that AJS stand it looks awesome, does anyone have a link to it? Thanks for posting the thread Yannik thats just the kind of stand I was lookin for....... :)

Sorry Rob not sure what you meant get it with what kind of plate to use on all trucks? If theres a certain plate that you have to use to make it universal for other trucks im gonna need that too I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yannik

lightning73 said:
I gotta get that AJS stand it looks awesome, does anyone have a link to it? Thanks for posting the thread Yannik thats just the kind of stand I was lookin for....... :)
Sorry Rob not sure what you meant get it with what kind of plate to use on all trucks? If theres a certain plate that you have to use to make it universal for other trucks im gonna need that too I guess.
Lightning 73: Here's the link for the stand : http://www.ajsmachine.com/store.php# :)

lightning73

Ya know after checkin the thread and lookin at some of the pics in the gallery, I noticed this stand may be a little small for 5th scale. Especially Ramp scale weighing in at almost 40 pounds...lol...Hey Rob have you used this stand with the MT? And if so was it sturdy under its weight? Before I drop $120.00 bucks on this thing I wanna be sure its worthy for piggys weight....lol

RampageHopUps

I use the standard flat plate, that is all they had back in the day. The Heavy Duty should be better, but I never needed it.

lightning73

But do you think it would be top heavy? The base only measures 11 inches in diameter, not very big with all that weight teetering above it. The one pic I saw it had a Baja on it and it looked like the Baja had crapped out the stand it was so much bigger....lol

Yannik

Lightning 73: I know exactly what do you mean because I'm having the same issue. When I saw that huge Baja on the stand, I began having some doubt so I sent an email to their support team. They told me that they have a bigger flat plate on top as an option but me, I wasn't worried for the top, it is the base I'm worrying! They also told me that it is great to support a 1/5 scale and everything is made from solid aluminum & steel, well I kind of figured that out! :rolleyes: In conclusion, I personaly think it will hold a rampage mt quite easily but the baja, I'm not sure about the stability cause they are so frigin long!

lightning73

Well at least they answered your email lol. I sent them an email yesterday asking questions about it, and explaining to them the things I would need (which was their most expensive setup) and still they didnt respond back to me. Not too crazy about their customer service at this point, and as far as im concerned a sale should always start with good customer service. You make a good point though Yannik about how long the Baja is, with the Rampage being a few inches shorter it would probably look more stable atop the stand. They have mounting holes in the base of the stand to mount it to a workbench and make it solid, but who wants to do that? Mobility is key so that you can take it with you wherever your running. Oh well hopefully balance wont be a problem cause it is one hell of a nice workstand..... :D

Obeast44

Banned
I have my own stand made from stainless steel and tig welded together from a self priming water pump impeller and a stainless machine base. Teh stand can be flipped upside down depending on what I want it to do. The impeller side has metal to metal contact from the bottom of the chassis makes it easy to spin if needed. The machine base side has rubber "nipples" (can I say nipples?) that give a firm grip of the chassis to make it hard to rotate. Its simple and effective, and could easily hold me (300lbs) without issue. The only downside is it weighs about 10lbs and cant be taken apart. I can get a pic if you guys need to see it.

My other stand is so simple youd be amazed, its a Rubbermaid stool. It has a rubberized surface on top that grips the chassis very well. Also the little feet has like a small pocket that can hold screws and stuff. The feet have a rubber pad that wont scratch delicate surfaces, like the dining table ( or my wife's Hope chest). Plus it EASILY supports my weight. Mine is red but its the exact same one: http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?CatName=CleaningUtility&SubcatId=Stools&Prod_ID=RP091077

lightning73

To update my last post I got a response from AJS, just so everyone knows they did take the time to answer my email and my questions.

Id like to see a few pics of the stainless steel stand your talkin about Obeast, im a sucker for shiny metal...lol

Yannik

Lightning 73: As soon as you receive the feedback from the customer service at AJS, let me know, I'm curious to know what they gonna say! By the way, you're right, it is one darn nice stand, probably one of the best I've seen so far for 1/5 scale. It is funny because, they're lot of people that won't bother to get a nice stand, as long as they have something cheap that does the job and they're people like me, who always try to get the best of everything and it always have to look perfect and match the colors, geez it's annoying sometimes being perfectionnist........ I'm sure some people here feels the same way sometimes, lol! :D

RampageHopUps

Iuse the AJS stand for the Ramapge, and teh RAMTech Rigid Stand Adapter for the Baja:

DSC00819.JPG

DSC00822.JPG

DSC00830.JPG

On the next run of these Baja stands, I will make a few to fit Rampages.

lightning73

Yannik said:
Lightning 73: As soon as you receive the feedback from the customer service at AJS, let me know, I'm curious to know what they gonna say! By the way, you're right, it is one darn nice stand, probably one of the best I've seen so far for 1/5 scale. It is funny because, they're lot of people that won't bother to get a nice stand, as long as they have something cheap that does the job and they're people like me, who always try to get the best of everything and it always have to look perfect and match the colors, geez it's annoying sometimes being perfectionnist........ I'm sure some people here feels the same way sometimes, lol! :D
Hey Yannik they responded back to my email, but the questions I asked were only about product availability. I never bothered to ask the question is it strong enough to hold a 40 pound truck, because I knew their answer would be one sided to sell me the product...lol...Which is why I went looking for the answer to that question from forum members here. By the way thanks Rob I saw you had posted that you use the AJS stand for your Rampage now I know its strong enough thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts