• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Seriously going to buy a RC helicopter soon :D

G

Good to hear! I've read many positive reviews on that.

ChuenouXiao

blak__jak said:
this thread was old enough that i had a hard time finding it but i had an update. after reading and posting about helicopters i got thinking about giving them another try so went out to LHS and bought a blade 120sr. i just wanted to say this is a great single rotor bird to learn to fly a 4 ch helicopter. very stable and very durable. it's the first one i've owned that i feel that i am controlling instead of just chasing. would suggest this model to anyone wanting to take a crack at r/c helicopters.
Got pic? Website? Got video? We want to see man :D

crpt_keeper

Ahhh the fine art of flying RC Helicopters.

Better known as controled crashing ;)

I have several Heli's and they are the most intense rc experiance I've had.

The tiny Co-axiel ones are fun around the house, I have a cat so... :)

My Scale heli os my favorite tho, in flighy looks just like a real heli.

But of all the money I have spent in them the best spent was on my simulator.

Best advise, never tell ppl what your planning to do, that way it looks like you ment to do it.

amstel78

I've been flying RC helicopters for over 10 years. Started with Hirobo... last one was a .30 Shuttle. I then switched over to Thunder Tiger. I've flown everything from the Raptor 30, 60, and 90. I'm back to a .30 size Raptor V2 because I think it's the perfect size for my type of flying. I don't do a lot of 3D... I enjoy relaxed flying. The Raptor 30 parts are also easy to get and relatively inexpensive.Here's my current heli. Radio is an Aurora 9.
The Century Hawk Pro is also a good .30 size bird using mechanical mixing. Great for experienced flyers and beginners alike.RC helicopters can become a very expensive hobby. You cannot cheap out on electronics or servos. I've also gotten to a skill level where crashes for me a rare. If I do crash, it's usually because something on the helicopter failed. If you're serious about learning how to fly one of these things, I highly recommend a simulator. Real Flight is fantastic and is what I suggest to people wanting to learn. I'm usually on the simulator once a week and even more so in the winter.These pics are from 1995 lol...

shuttle01.jpg

shuttle02.jpg

shuttle01.jpg

shuttle02.jpg

/monthly_2012_12/shuttle01.jpg.eac4e3659f9931a58b214a3b3a5f1318.jpg

/monthly_2012_12/shuttle02.jpg.7daf8d8d4f2df2c4ea849e7f8c25b60d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts