• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Seriously going to buy a RC helicopter soon :D

Deluge

alfred e numan said:
several years ago i was messing around with those little ones sold at wal-mart- lipo powered air hogs? I would cut the foam bodies in half, lighten-re shape- reshape the ends of the blades -they would spin higher rpm. the control-transmitter is infrared- will not work good in bright sunlight. on cloudy days with no wind- go outdoors and see how high they would go- one would go about the height of a high power power line- the big metal towers- could hardly see the thing! I did fly in the front room --- until i nearly smacked a stereo speaker called a magnaplaner- thes guys are NOT cheap. Still have 3 of these birds in a box somewhere, should fly in the basement this winter.
I had an Air Hogs, as well. Until a ceiling fan killed it. Cool heli's!

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
How do you like it, so far? Seems like a great heli.
It can withstand a lot of beating but i baby it so :) flies very very well..

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Good to hear! Might have to pick one up.
Trainer 3 channel heli easy to fly with gyro, 6 missile shooter, led lights, extra spare parts and awesome controller? You just can't go wrong Deluge with that small price tag. :D

bob c.

I have been building and flying planes for over 30 yrs and thought I would fly choppers, so off I went and got one ..not a good idea it wasnt darn thing chased me down and put 25 stitches in my leg..I couldn't out run it ..wasn't smart enough to get rid of the controller..

ChuenouXiao

bob c. said:
I have been building and flying planes for over 30 yrs and thought I would fly choppers, so off I went and got one ..not a good idea it wasnt darn thing chased me down and put 25 stitches in my leg..I couldn't out run it ..wasn't smart enough to get rid of the controller..
Wow... so the chopper came toward you and sliced your leg? Must be a decent size chopper?

blak__jak

i was flying a couple small electics for a while 2 or 3 years ago and got where i could handle them pretty well no 3d pilot or anything but i could keep from busting them up usually. anyway i figured it was time to upgrade and went out and got myself a 90 size nitro. it had an over 5ft rotor span. probably not such a good idea. i had that thing in about a 3ft hover 2 or 3 times and that was it for me. when it would spin up i've got to admit it scared the holy crap out of me. i desided the better part of valor before it hurt me or i hurt somebody else or completely destroyed a 1700 dollar bird i let someone take it off my hands. i still regret not having the stones or the extra money to master it. i've got a 53 inch off brand electric one from fleabay a while back that still gives me trouble so it was probably for the best. i've tried the real flight sim and micosoft flight sim 4 xbox helicopter games and everything else i could get my hands on but just can't seem to get comfortable enough to sink a bunch of money into another one. maybe i'm just to old or to slow but i can still see the possibly of another in my future. i want one big enough to run a weed wacker motor and handle a little wind. does anyone know of something like that that's not 3 grand. i'm not looking for a 3D flyer just something half way stable that will hover and fly and not a tandem blade. thanks!

G

The MA Whiplash is a 90 size that is available as an electric, nitro, or gasser.

blak__jak

this thread was old enough that i had a hard time finding it but i had an update. after reading and posting about helicopters i got thinking about giving them another try so went out to LHS and bought a blade 120sr. i just wanted to say this is a great single rotor bird to learn to fly a 4 ch helicopter. very stable and very durable. it's the first one i've owned that i feel that i am controlling instead of just chasing. would suggest this model to anyone wanting to take a crack at r/c helicopters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts