• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Seriously going to buy a RC helicopter soon :D

ChuenouXiao

Any thoughts? :D I want to start out with the mini first. Thinking about the ones with missiles :D LOL

TerraKill

small helis and planes r fun as hell!!!

ill get some vid footage next week of me flying mine around work lol

the biggest bit of advise i can give any1 thinking of seriously getting into helis and planes

is to buy the phoenix simulator V4

and spend atleast a year on that practising before splashing out to much money on a very nice helicopter/plane.

Best simulator ive ever used, and the physics are almost spot on, brilliant program

i bought the phoenix simulator + a spectrum DX5e as a package!!

nothing like training on the same controller you use in the field

Obeast44

Banned
I've had several Syma S107 coaxial helis....they are great for the money! They are easy enough to fly that my 7 yr old could manage landing on a regular basis.

stalker77

I have 6-7 mini helis. some 3 channel and some 4 channel. Start out with the 3. anybody can fly them right out of the box without practice. A 4 channel mini takes alot of getting used to.

ChuenouXiao

stalker77 said:
I have 6-7 mini helis. some 3 channel and some 4 channel. Start out with the 3. anybody can fly them right out of the box without practice. A 4 channel mini takes alot of getting used to.
What does the fourth channel do?

ChuenouXiao

Wow... its here! The quality and design of this heli and controller is awesome (Heck they even give you some spare parts and missiles)! :D Its not my first heli but for the price and feature you can't beat it :D I like how the controller is similar to the PS3 controller :D Awesome! Only concern is the manual, written by someone who doesn't speak English very well :D

Last edited by a moderator:

alfred e numan

several years ago i was messing around with those little ones sold at wal-mart- lipo powered air hogs? I would cut the foam bodies in half, lighten-re shape- reshape the ends of the blades -they would spin higher rpm. the control-transmitter is infrared- will not work good in bright sunlight. on cloudy days with no wind- go outdoors and see how high they would go- one would go about the height of a high power power line- the big metal towers- could hardly see the thing! I did fly in the front room --- until i nearly smacked a stereo speaker called a magnaplaner- thes guys are NOT cheap. Still have 3 of these birds in a box somewhere, should fly in the basement this winter.

Ildy666

BoukeG said:
Very cool controller indeed. To bad it has such a short wire, you cannot fly far that way...
I believe its a charging wire.the controller charges the battery in helicopter.that's how my mini helicopter is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts