• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quasimoto Rampage XB build

phreerider

thanks ! yes i called and sorted the difference and wanted a solid pipe and the split pipe comes with the 2 mounts on motor .

beautiful stuff . seems like F1 pipe work. great top end, real screamer, nice low rumble on bottom, seems quieter than my split dominator clone pipe.

man the paddles are a load! wow . they need some serious power at least 7 hp+ or maybe lower gear ratio.

phreerider

here some details of the jetpro on the race ported/990WT on the original stock case/crank.

the tone has deeper tone on the lower torquey pull thru the power band and once it swings into the top really peaks real nice ring pop very high, nice. the tuning is definitely narrower , i think with a secondary bleed it would give wider range of tune and may transitoin to hi end faster under load. fitment to case required ultra minor adjustments, i added lock washers on head pipe bolts and works perfect. trimmed stinger about 1.5" and flattened the main inside belly next the pullstart cover area, very happy with the setup. Coming off the Dominator clone cut down to the jetpro side, the sound difference definitely there the dom was cracky on low end with alotta pop, jetpro has less harmonic content in the low end fewer frequencies but stronger in each. the dom was alotta of everything almost ragged and stronger notes and more organized in mid range of power band maybe a bit louder. both feed top end with ripping scream no problem. jetpro definitely very clean tone. i am comparing a jointed pipe and solid pipe so bare this in mind for subtle differences and the joint may soak/dampen things a fraction but minor issues in the comparison.

now the paddle tires , couple points that should be considered for use beyond novelty.

-power and torque for 4x4 --->these things need a mountain of power ! race port turned them but for soft wet heavy dirt 6-7hp is a start definitely see the need for more

-terrain choice ---> light, dry powdery sand would be ideal for mill windup and real performance. as weight is added in contact load, like wet dirt, the weight will require more power. so dry is by far better , it will do mud,wet dirt but cakes up and adds to rotating mass ....that ain't so good for long anyway. these will also make short work of a lawn as well and if its wet forget it.

-action and response ---> beside the strange noise(droning) they produce at speed, the action at speed is very drifty/floaty. the spray of sand and debris is impressive!

-unit load---> wow the vibration is brutal! esp. in varied surfaces . it will shake your junk apart! and one servo has drop considerable standing torque. i changed to independent dual steer and had much better response , but looks to have put one on notice. in dry sand may be less in general but still its heavy vibration. gearing for hi load, like wet/damp dirt, the lower the better or it may not allow motor to wind up or u need brutal HP! dry sand will need power but maybe not as sensitive as wet.

-the look---->SICK!

the action...

https://vimeo.com/122926967

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

Damn, that thing is fast :eek: Very nice!

Ice_2k

Sorry if you already mentioned that, but do you have any upgrades to your drivetrain? I'm guessing the race port might cause some issue with the stock parts?

phreerider

thanks!and thanks for watching guys!

MT gear plate 29-31-26-24, center drive has redcat alloy bearing holders

7075rc diff boxes, sleeved diff cups with copper pipe

7075rc oversized bearing holders on the outdrives and 24mm hex adapters

clutch has 7500 DDM lifetime spring.

the MT gear plate with oversized bearings DEFINITELY a solid step up! with stock doubtful it would last

also failed to add in ...

fresh gears AND bearings for gear plate, all the way to center drive , damn laid it all out but failed on the pics , theres 4 different sizes in the set up and including ilder..maybe i'll layout the old ones and ID sizes since they're still somewhere on the bench i think.

phreerider

Doozer said:
I love the "Slow Down, no dust zone sign." ... its the shoes :)
spring and summer esp. gets pretty bad , they have irrigation on the tracks

and entry. we have just had considerable rain so everything was laid down and still damp. the paddles made these little "shovel" marks everywhere. the paddle blast in dry would cover it, doubtful you could see exactly what was making the fuss!

Ice_2k

phreerider said:
MT gear plate 29-31-26-24, center drive has redcat alloy bearing holders
Is this basically the same gear plate that comes stock also on the DR? I'm asking because I think I'll also get a race port after I get bored with the stock engine and I'd like to prepare ahead so I won't start breaking stuff one by one after the new engine is in.

phreerider

Ice_2k said:
Is this basically the same gear plate that comes stock also on the DR? I'm asking because I think I'll also get a race port after I get bored with the stock engine and I'd like to prepare ahead so I won't start breaking stuff one by one after the new engine is in.
yes i believe its stock on MT and DR.

phreerider

designed2survive said:
That's really fast! :)
right on man! with the rising humidity the tuning takes a bit, very pleased with the set up , for the most part i will back on the trenchers for regular running the vibration and torsion is rough, old chassis is down right pliable now!

Ice_2k

do you think the same vibration issues would arrise when riding on something like a beach? In your movie it looks like the sand has some rough ground right beneath it

phreerider

dry powdery soft is what you want...

"-terrain choice ---> light, dry powdery sand would be ideal for mill windup and real performance. as weight is added in contact load, like wet dirt, the weight will require more power. so dry is by far better , it will do mud,wet dirt but cakes up and adds to rotating mass ....that ain't so good for long anyway. these will also make short work of a lawn as well and if its wet forget it. "

in vid, the area has sandy, clay dirt with hi moisture retention so it weighty...and yes hard pack underneath

dune sand(if allowed) dessert sand is best! and less vibration in that application as well.

Doozer

Seriously though, your video inspired me to take a very expensive road with my XB. So, thanks... I guess. Anything I spend on this car from here on out is your fault. I'm dipping into my kid's inheritance now! Do you race that? Because holy sh!t is that fast. BTW, I watched a few of your Quasi vids, very cool car... I need it.

phreerider

Ika, yes its edited to a preview speed, kinda helps the fisheye go pro stuff look better and shortens length while maintaining content . the still frame stuff its obvious. the moving frames is what it helps normalize. after years doing vids i like session content to be contiguous despite parameters of speed/time... its a preference style i like and have stuck with for years. i watch lotta raw capture of a bunch different stuff and without it, its all kinda bland, boring and takes too long. no tricks just the style of most all of my videos. its the "vanilla flavoring " of editing and gives a better edge of appeal.

and it takes me 30min tops to do one (more if want tunes). just can't do a 6 hour edit session on a vid and mull over hours of footage ...clip, rip and go .

Doozer thanks man, easy on the $, keep it fun! no pressure man!

phreerider

no Doozer i don't race it, i just like it to be durable, powerful and always ready to rock.

phreerider

alright folks, chassis mod is up. had this idea as soon as i saw the platform back before i got one, and mostly for tow strength...but time has told the real story. The stock chassis is solid for tow , but for bash/ramping its gonna need some help...

this mod is less than 20$ and can be in 6061 or 7075.

adds a fraction of weight around + 4-5%

Quasimoto gets a fresh chassis with full length ventral spine of 3/4"x 1/2" 6061 Al

tapped with M6 SS x 8

the look...

i thought about cleaning it up, deluxe finish and all...for 1/2sec when its fate became apparent to me....that the tires will take care of that.

phreerider

soon that will be swapped, but a few elements that are slowing down the fun,,,might speed things up abit acctually.

this fired last week have add new wires but a little concerned as to why? it happened at all

wire just smoked up and started to smoke and burn ..maybe pinch/ wear short?

this side mount bolt broke on jetpro...3" M5 is hard to find!

and heres what else thats helping.

head gasket leak

and since i dropped the steer linkage(or since it got spit out!) servo has fading standing torque ...servo works and has good strentgh and response but has zero resistance when power is off

also went back to trenchers AND first 10FEET front CVD cracks!...so removed the front dog bone on that side ------>2WD ! done a couple sessions like this. man its wild . faster! mill winds up QUICK! control is squirrely out the hole but man blistering rip drift machine, definitely crowd pleaser. so much easier to tune without wheel load as well. the cold weather help as well.

deeply considering 2WD XB version on old chassis...fun factor is high on the 2wd

we'll see... first the chassis jump ... and gonna add 813 WT onto the OBR prostock while one head gets full mod porting... so full race port 4 bolt coming somewhere in the somewhat near future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts