• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Post your xbe chassis request and suggestions here.

Knuckles

We need to let Ol'fart know how many people want this chassis.

I want 2

krashkrieg

Contributor
I'll take one....I'd like to see the addition of droop tabs that the gas chassis did not have...shouldn't be too hard since the diff areas are seperate parts.

twissted

Banned
I built a chassis that I fitted to a 5ive cage and body. it took the rear drive shaft in the front to do it. because of the 7 degree bend in the front a 1/4 inch was added so theat the drive shaft didn't pinch. I used a router to make room in the pan for the gears. I used grease so that the bit didn't get hot while cutting. I would buy a chassis if you could make it to these specs.

The point I'm making here is that you have a chance to sell alot of these tings if your willing to make thm really stand out. I feel that you would shake things up if you whet the route.

The weight is 60% rear on this set-up.

I will be placing a order for the diff housings soon.

I also have your axle carriers. I love them! As for the wheel adpers that I got from you, not so much. to many parts and that make for lost and loose parts. Speed to change a wheel is out, as you have to wait over night to let the loctite dry. you need to change the design.

make the new ones fit the losi 5ive wheel ( longer neck and also 1/4" wider stance and a single nut. This will go good with the new frame.

Last edited by a moderator:

GRIPNRIP123

Hard anodized

bigger servo mounts-- hitec5755? / savox0236

1 radio/esc/servo/switch/transponder tray. 1 peice 6 bolts to remove as assembly kyosho MP9 is a good example

lower ESC in chassis

quick release center spur gear -(or maybe top screwed so you don't have to pull the motor) 4 bolts?

It would be great if the chassis allowed for more droop for rough surfaces. It has good limiting screws but the down travel seems a little shy.

Thats alot of demands!......LOL

I am sure you will build a great product either way. sign me up

rookie101

I'm good with a stock chassis, I just want something that doesn't flex like a wet noodle. The problem with all the different ideas is that it will be impossible to build a chassis that suits every ones custom needs, which means it will never be able to be produced in sufficient numbers to make it financially feasible.

They all sound like great ideas, but at the end of the day we need a more generic chassis that will work for everyone, and then you can use the removable front and rear mounts to customize it the way you want.

krashkrieg

Contributor
I'm with Rookie101 ....as much as I think Twisted's build is awesome, and gripnrip123 has good ideas, that's a lot of R&D for Olfart...a chassis for the masses is what will sell...most just want a chassis that doesn't flex and is close to stock...(with droop tabs of course... :D )

Ol' fart

twissted said:
I built a chassis that I fitted to a 5ive cage and body. it took the rear drive shaft in the front to do it. because of the 7 degree bend in the front a 1/4 inch was added so theat the drive shaft didn't pinch. I used a router to make room in the pan for the gears. I used grease so that the bit didn't get hot while cutting. I would buy a chassis if you could make it to these specs. The point I'm making here is that you have a chance to sell alot of these tings if your willing to make thm really stand out. I feel that you would shake things up if you whet the route.

The weight is 60% rear on this set-up.

I will be placing a order for the diff housings soon.

I also have your axle carriers. I love them! As for the wheel adpers that I got from you, not so much. to many parts and that make for lost and loose parts. Speed to change a wheel is out, as you have to wait over night to let the loctite dry. you need to change the design.

make the new ones fit the losi 5ive wheel ( longer neck and also 1/4" wider stance and a single nut. This will go good with the new frame.
I don't use Loktit on mine. If you tighten them up two or three times they will not back out. The plastic in the wheel compresses and works like a nylon nut.

I did make my adapters with one big nut but I didn't sale too many. If you or anybody else wants some you can get them from RC PITSTOP.

Thanks for the input on the lenght of the chassis. What is yours? I am thinking of wider systension arms too so while your at it what is the width of your setup, wheel mount to wheel mount. Thanks in advance.

Ol' fart

Ol' fart

rookie101 said:
I'm good with a stock chassis, I just want something that doesn't flex like a wet noodle. The problem with all the different ideas is that it will be impossible to build a chassis that suits every ones custom needs, which means it will never be able to be produced in sufficient numbers to make it financially feasible. They all sound like great ideas, but at the end of the day we need a more generic chassis that will work for everyone, and then you can use the removable front and rear mounts to customize it the way you want.
That is exactly the problem. Can't please all the people all the time.

I'll go with stock setup but I will have longer diff inserts avalible for those who want an exrta inch but that means a custom driveshaft and you will be on you own for now. I will make a "blank" with no mounting holes so you can layout any setup you want. Also, I think wider syspension arms are in order too, so if you go longer you can match what Twisted has done with a wider setup too.

Knuckles

I think there is no reason to reinvent the wheel, when this was all started the idea was to extend it enough in the front to except the 2028 motor. That I think would take chassis itself being extended due to the steering setup no? I really don't care how it is done, I just want to bash the hell out of it again without bending front shafts. The stand up servo is not a bad idea, gives more room for esc.

Knuckles

I think I figured out driveshaft issue for front if you want to extend it enough for the 2028 motor. Just have to find it on forum. Will let you know

Ol' fart

It's a go

I'm starting the design now. If I extend the chassis about 1/2 " we can use a rear dogbone for a front driveshaft. That is not enough to effect the handling but it's enough to fit a 2028 CC.

Is that enough, or do you'all want something longer and wider like Twisted's build? I think his is about 3 1/2" longer than stock.

twissted

Banned
I'll try to show some video of the chassis in action, soon. I have to move and so that is first on my list then I can show what I have come up with. I think that if a 3.5'' could be built around the Losi roll cage that you will be seeing more people than what just on this web page. You would have everyone in 1/5 and 1/4 scale knocking at your door!

I can say that if you could find another inch that the wheel base would fit the body better. I will look into that latter as well. I can say that with the longer chassis that the weight is more rear friendly and lots of room for anything out their. the shock mounting system is something that I would look into if your going to get into this build as well. The losi shocks are hard to beat, and should be considered. I used the stock rear bumper to mount the rear losi bumper. And build a custom front and rear shock mounts. if 7075rc was to make them I would be on that boat, as fast as he could make them. Not just for this frame but the stock one as well. I think that the larger, and more up right shock is a better set-up.

Knuckles

That sounds good to me. Any longer will affect handling and will need to rebalance chassis

If you wanted to go an inch I believe a MT rear shaft is a half inch longer, I will check when I get home and repost.

krashkrieg

Contributor
If its 1/2" and i just have to buy an additional driveshaft then okay, but if extending the chassis means new body, new chassis braces, new motor mount, etc etc, I'm out...

:( not looking to do a whole rebuild just have a solid chassis that doesn't flex...

Knuckles

It sounds like you are whining. Lol I agree don't want to reinvent the wheel.

GRIPNRIP123

I did read that the heading asked for suggestions. I am very aware that it takes a lot to please all of the people. The post asked for suggestions and then someone responded that we had to many wants?

Gaz

I agree with krashkrieg, just want a better chassis not a whole different one which means changing too much stuff. But special orders could be made for some.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts