• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Parts advice.

claude bigelow

That's a great idea!!! It would look hot with that camo vinyl wrap. Not sue if you seen this, but I think it would go good together.

KauseKaos

Claude can't really see what you posted. But where do you run? When it gets warmer we should link up. My MT, boys XT and another friend has a Duratrak 5th and a crazy 4wd FG Baja for dragging. I'm not about that dragging no more that's what led me away from 5ths the 1st time. It got boring to me I'm a basher. lol

claude bigelow

@kausekaos just been getting kicked out of the local parks by the cops. Haven't found a good place to go yet. A guy that shop at one of the hobby shops I goto said there's a old dirt bike trail in Cranford off the garden state pkwy.

KauseKaos

Ok I'll look for that thread. Well when the weather gets nice again if you scoop out that dirt bike place before hand i pay the tolls to come to jerz for a bash session.

KauseKaos

Well everything is on...but the 8k clutch. Only bought it because of the DODD. I'll put it on later. But I can't even test because of all the snow nyc got. Plus they saying either 3 to 30 inches this weekend. My day's off are tomorrow and Friday but there's no where to run local and I left my car in the yard @ my job because 9 the upcoming snow storm so i can't drive anywhere.

G

KauseKaos said:
Well everything is on...but the 8k clutch. Only bought it because of the DODD. I'll put it on later. But I can't even test because of all the snow nyc got. Plus they saying either 3 to 30 inches this weekend. My day's off are tomorrow and Friday but there's no where to run local and I left my car in the yard @ my job because 9 the upcoming snow storm so i can't drive anywhere.
Just heard on the news 1 of 4 Americans are affected by this storm. :eek:

KauseKaos

Ran it today with all the upgrades. Needs more tuning but I luv it. Pipe really woke up the motor and the sound is lovely. Now I really want to install the 8k clutch. Can't wait for the weather to get better so I can run longer. I got too cold so i wrapped it up after a tank.

claude bigelow

I keep hearing about the 8k clutch, do you have a part number or where to get? Of course following your response my next question is where exactly does it go and how do I install. LOL

KauseKaos

http://www.davesmotors.com/15448CYHighResponseClutchShoeSpringSet8K.html

http://www.davesmotors.com/zenoah-cy-rc-piston-stopper-tool.html

It goes under the clutch bell. Gonna have to remove the gears etc off the motor the pull out old clutch and put it there. Only thing I'm not looking forward to doing but I want that kick. It was the deal of the day last week so I picked it up for 20 bucks along with a piston stopper. Make it a little easier to swap out.

I think this also make it a lil easier.

http://www.davesmotors.com/hpi-z965-hpi-rc_cy-flywheel-puller.html

My boy had all these tools so now I have to get them myself because he moved too South Carolina.

Last edited by a moderator:

claude bigelow

I got that demon 2spd trans, so don't know if that's overkill. Just didn't get around to installing it. Aka don't have a clue how to do it, still waiting on video.

KauseKaos

How much was that? Was considering it. I don't think it's over kill. I had a 2 speed on my FG and a 8k clutch. It used to jump off the line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.