• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Parts advice.

KauseKaos

Hopefully my kill switch comes tomorrow or Friday. The rest of the parts i haven't ordered, but tomorrow is MTA employee appreciation day. Comes every other week lol. So my DDM cart will be ordered as well as my CPI pipe.

KauseKaos

Well I installed my radio gear and the killer rc kill switch and started the break in process. Manual says 8 hrs of easy going. Do I really have to do that? Last 2 5ths I had were used so I didn't have to really break it in besides going easy for a lil when I did a big bore upgrade. Tomorrow I'll swap out the throttle / brake servo for a new savox I have sitting around. Would have done it today but I didn't know if the servo horn with fit on the savox. Don't know the teen count of the stock servo.

G

You don't have to do an 8hr break-in. LOL

Just like a rebuild just take it easy for the first few laps, then have fun. Keep it at the base settings during break-in, as you want to be a tad rich.

The factory servo horn will not fit the Savox.

KauseKaos

Well 2 & 1/5 tanks in going easy. Maybe the next tank I'll start to tune. My boy is having massive troubles with his XT and it's only a week old. Maybe because his first few tanks was on 87? I used 93 and Lucas synthetic 2 stroke Motor oil. Same stuff I used to run. Starts up no problems. But his won't and then when it does it won't stay on. He's mad frustrated regrets buying it.

Deluge

87 or 93, it doesn't really matter. More than likely it's just a tuning issue. I would reset the needles to factory settings and start from there.

KauseKaos

He's done that many times and still same problems. He's bringing it to the hobby shop he bought it from Monday so hopefully they can help him. My tunning skills are rusty, so I have to watch some vids to brush up. We'll back to the topic of this thread I ordered all my parts today.

CPI Pipe

ShreadStack

Baja Filter

990 Carb

Outwear Covers (pullstart and filter)

Tomorrow I'll try to run a few more tanks thru it so when all this stuff comes I can install and tune it and have some fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

PrjctStrtFrce

Tell him to hang in there. Once they figure out the issue and he runs it consistently, he will be very happy.

My MT would not start when I received it...obviously I was very frustrated. Took the plug out and I was not getting any spark, so I called RedCat and Dave was very helpful and sent out a new coil, plug, and kill switch, so that I could swap the items out and see what would happen. Well, it turned out that the original kill switch was zip tied so hard that it actually crimped the wires, causing a short which prevented current from going through the coil and igniting the plug.

As I'm sure you know, these are hobby grade vehicles, which means that they will need to be worked on and tweaked. All other brands will have the same issues once in a while, no matter how much they cost. Pass that along to your buddy. :p

No aluminum intake? May as well, since you'll be right there with taking things apart.

...I'm surprised that this forum does not have an automated system to censor out language, due to the younger members it may have.

KauseKaos

He said he might try to take a crack @ it on his lunch break today. Hopefully he gets it, I won't be able to try to help him until Friday. Still on the midnight tour this week... Aluminum intake? Didn't know I should have changed out for one.

KauseKaos

It was a simple air leak from his carb to his intake. Smdh. We thought it was leaking fuel from the gas line so we were gonna change the lines. But it was the gaskets. So they doubled the gaskets and tuned it. Runs great. Would have been a 7 dollar fix for him if he didn't break the pullstart. I picked up a gasket set too just in case. lol

KauseKaos

Well all the parts are here (except the aluminum intake, Yeah I bought it. Blame DDM's DODD) Gonna install and snap pics tomorrow hopefully. Not in any real rush it's cold to be standing out there running.

KauseKaos

Installed aluminum intake, 990 carb, angled ShreadStack, baja filter and outerwear cover for now. And flipped the tank for the CPI pipe install.

Ran into a slight issue. There's a nice lil gap between the header of the exhaust and the head. And I forgot that the pipe didn't come with a gasket. Any ideas which gasket to order? And the bracket I have bore out the holes a lil more because the screws don't fit through the holes. Guess no testing this weekend.

KauseKaos

I'll give that a try. So while I wait for it to come I'll bore out the bracket that holds the pipe to the shock tower. Thanks RCDAD you've been really helpful in my mission to get back into 5th scales.

KauseKaos

My boy tinted his windows on his XT so I had him tint mine too. Gotta go pick it up. No rush now since i can't run yet.

URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/Kausekaos/media/RC%20Stuff/IMG-20140124-WA0006.jpg.html]
[/url]

Yeah his tires were on wrong he fixed them finally. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.