• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Parts advice.

KauseKaos

I just bought my first rampage mt. I'm torn between the DDM Dominator and the CPI pipe. I want to order a killer bee cutoff switch and outwear covers for the pullstart and the filter but don't know which ones I need. Also I'm not sure if I should leave the stock filter and carb or swap it out like when I had my FG. Any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

If you are going to run it in dusty conditions I would say go with the Baja filter mounted to the angled shreadstack.

KauseKaos

What about the stock carb (edited the 1st post). So the hpi filter with the part Sergio linked? Also which outwear covers because i don't see the Rampage Motor listed on DDM'S site.

G

Outerwears are made by filter type. The outerwear designed for the Baja filter will also fit the Redcat filter.

You will get better performance from a 813/998 or 990.

KauseKaos

Ok so here's what I'm thinking when it comes rip out the rx/tx. install my futaba (3pk) fast stuff break it in then install the following:

BLK CPI pipe

813 Carb

killer rc super bee

outwear for pullstart and filter

then a stack and a filter (still not 100% on these)

KauseKaos

Your right I'll try to order the super this week. That way i can install that and my remote @ the same time. Remember last time took me a while how to figure out how to use the lil button on the side of the 3pk for the cut off on/off toggle. Hate looking thru that 110 page remote manual. Yeah I've had it for years and still don't know how to use all the features lol.

KauseKaos

Ordered my kill switch and my rampage should be here tomorrow. Can't wait even though I can't crank it till Saturday I'm on the midnight tour @ work.

KauseKaos

About to put in my DDM order need a lil help. This is what I have so far.

eg180Outerwears Pull Start Cover - Black$24.50

af504Shread Industries Inclined ShreadStack (Velocity Stack) for HPI Baja 5B/5T/5SC $39.00

av522Walbro WT-813 High-Performance Carburetor for Zenoah / CY Engines*

just need to know which filter and filter cover to order.

KauseKaos

Thanks RCDAD. What are your thoughts on the metal cone type filters? Used to have one. Is it worth it to spend the money on them. Or is there a slightly better filter then that stock one or will that work fine. Or that TGN easy clearance one. Sorry for all the questions been out the 5th scale game for a while. Also thinking about adding this as well yay or nay. Almost trying to recreate all the hop ups I had on my FG. So I can start from there again lol

http://www.davesmotors.com/15448CYHighResponseClutchShoeSpringSet8K.html

Last edited by a moderator:
G

The paper filters won't keep out the dirt. There find for on-road, but inadequate for off-road.

The easy clearance filter is better than the paper, but only a singe stage filter. It just is going to depend on where you run the vehicle.

KauseKaos

Ok thanks for all the information. I'll just add the stock HPI baja filter and the 8k clutch to my cart and order that & the CPI pipe... for now

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online