• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage XB project

designed2survive

phreerider said:
low side mount is best for performance(drive balance ), jetpro has some samba is nice , barrcuda something like that. or a box is tidy, easy fit.

i gotta have a pipe with ring pop thats ear crackin
I'll take a look at them. Thanks!

Raw cut of servo mount, tray and brace.

phreerider

cool stuff! u need to cut a dual servo plate for XB/XT ! , yeah man ! i need it !

look at the jack work on my top plate, the wrinkle and fracture throttle servo box

designed2survive

phreerider said:
cool stuff! u need to cut a dual servo plate for XB/XT ! , yeah man ! i need it !look at the jack work on my top plate, the wrinkle and fracture throttle servo box

I can make you one if you want. You said dual servo, is it for steering? If so are you talking MCD style plate?

phreerider

this, with top plate across for both servos and keep throttle same. and double front brace!

i have to change Rx to something else. man the fun is endless!

designed2survive

phreerider said:
this, with top plate across for both servos and keep throttle same. and double front brace!i have to change Rx to something else. man the fun is endless!
Indeed! And it keeps you busy!

designed2survive

Ordered the gear plate and shaft holder from 7075rc and the Ramtech adapters

Also finally made a servo tray with servo mount.

designed2survive

RampageHopUps said:
Put a radius in the corners, or you will get stress cracks at those sharp corners. Looks beefy though!!
That's true! I'll make new ones later. Thanks!

Can't wait for your adapters to get here so I can mount the wheels and see how it looks.

carp boyz

Banned
once again,looks awesome

are you bracin up the shock towers a bit?

by the way,priced the 1 1/4"x 10" x 22" for my little MT conversion and it came in at $218.00.also priced the same size at a 1/4" thick and came to $48.00,decided to go with the 1/4" as you did and add some 1" side rails afterwards as you but thinking about 5/16"- 3/8" thick and screw in from underneath,something like MCF did with a couple of their chassis designs for the bajas

keep er comin and thanks for the ideas,nothing better than actual pics to check it out,can't wait to start back up on mine

carry on ;)

Ildy666

1 1/4" aluminum holy crap what are building the space shuttle?...lol...

I was thinking about building a longer mt chassis so it's more like a losi or baja

I hate the way SC bodies look on a short chassis the wheel wells don't line up

Just got to figure out drive line lengths but that project has to wait till I get more time.

designed2survive

carp boyz said:
once again,looks awesomeare you bracin up the shock towers a bit?

by the way,priced the 1 1/4"x 10" x 22" for my little MT conversion and it came in at $218.00.also priced the same size at a 1/4" thick and came to $48.00,decided to go with the 1/4" as you did and add some 1" side rails afterwards as you but thinking about 5/16"- 3/8" thick and screw in from underneath,something like MCF did with a couple of their chassis designs for the bajas

keep er comin and thanks for the ideas,nothing better than actual pics to check it out,can't wait to start back up on mine

carry on ;)
Thanks Carp Boyz! Yeah 1/4" is way cheaper and I like the MCF concept. With the skills you have shown in your project on HBF, I know it's going to be a great project to follow!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts