• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage XB project

phreerider

not sure on the MT lower arms on XB, but i'm headed in that direction. gonna order some MT lower arms and see how the mate with diff boxes and hubs. the rear lower looks like an easy jump 6mm pins are the same very close on width inside and out , so i am definitely doing the rears the only element not sure about is dogbone length . the front MT lower outer is considerably wider than XB. totally looks doable though , little trim here and there and some spacers.

the thicker part is gonna be way more than stock XB for sure

custom--->not only them make fit, make them WORK like champions

carp boyz

Banned
nice job man,lookin good

did you clamp both chassis's together to line up the holes and are you still shortening the overall length?

where does the 4027 stand compared to 6061-7075?

I was thinkin of using 20-30mm 7075 and milling the entire center out and leaving the both side rails the full thicknes by 13mm wide,something to add a bit of strength on the sides,any front and rear chassis braces?

once again nice job

designed2survive

phreerider said:
not sure on the MT lower arms on XB, but i'm headed in that direction. gonna order some MT lower arms and see how the mate with diff boxes and hubs. the rear lower looks like an easy jump 6mm pins are the same very close on width inside and out , so i am definitely doing the rears the only element not sure about is dogbone length . the front MT lower outer is considerably wider than XB. totally looks doable though , little trim here and there and some spacers. the thicker part is gonna be way more than stock XB for sure

custom--->not only them make fit, make them WORK like champions
It will be cool if they could be made to fit. I may go with the 7075c arms though.

designed2survive

carp boyz said:
nice job man,lookin gooddid you clamp both chassis's together to line up the holes and are you still shortening the overall length?

where does the 4027 stand compared to 6061-7075?

I was thinkin of using 20-30mm 7075 and milling the entire center out and leaving the both side rails the full thicknes by 13mm wide,something to add a bit of strength on the sides,any front and rear chassis braces?

once again nice job
Thanks!

No short chassis, I clamped them together. That made it easy to reproduce it.

20-30mm 7075c 12"x24" would cost a fortune ($350-$400) but will surely make a bulletproof chassis.

I will be using angle channel bars to protect the side and keep the body tucked in. I'll make the front brace out of 10mm aluminum but I'm not sure about the rear one due to the emplacement of the fuel tank.

designed2survive

Kinda like better with the body covering the side guard though! What do you think?

phreerider

body over angles , if you leave it inside it will catch a small mountain of dirt ,sand and grind it against body that ain't so good for body

phreerider

velcro along edge to button it up firmly and keep junk out

designed2survive

carp boyz said:
body covering up the angle looks a bit better IMOlike the idea of the angle though
phreerider said:
body over angles , if you leave it inside it will catch a small mountain of dirt ,sand and grind it against body that ain't so good for body
phreerider said:
velcro along edge to button it up firmly and keep junk out
Agreed! Thanks guys!

phreerider

Looking at same , losi definitely has big fat shafts but seem too squatty .

Hpi seem fitment would be easiest and better than stock

phreerider

nice, shocks are in the same category as bearings. needs to be solid or you are going home early.

designed2survive

phreerider said:
nice, shocks are in the same category as bearings. needs to be solid or you are going home early.
You are absolutely right!

With the stock tower the angle is not ideal considering that the 5b shocks are longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

looking good man, towers really bringing it together

designed2survive

phreerider said:
looking good man, towers really bringing it together
Thanks! Need to make the servo tray, the steering servo holder and the braces. Then some 7075rc goodies. Still wondering what pipe to get. I really don't mind a cat box. Not really going to race with a heavyweight XB, lol! Also looked at a Samba pipe for MCD RRV4 but can't make up my mind. Any suggestions?

phreerider

low side mount is best for performance(drive balance ), jetpro has some

samba is nice , barrcuda something like that. or a box is tidy, easy fit.

i gotta have a pipe with ring pop thats ear crackin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts