• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My first seize!

Deluge

jeffp83 said:
Got this engine going, all i will say is holy crap i am never going back to a 26 again :D on a side note, i switched back to a full flywheel and i can't believe how much forced air you lose from running those lightened ones.
It's a beast, for sure! Which flywheel were you running?

Deluge

jeffp83 said:
Also had a chance to break down the bottom end of that seized engine. One of the bearings was shot while the other one is ok.. crankshaft seems fine as well. There was a large pool of oil with metal chunks in it at the bottom :eek:
Yep! A seizure will throw shit, everywhere.

G

Quote:Originally Posted by Trip..

Vids or it didn't happen

Of the seize happening?
desismileys_2250.gif LOL that's something I wouldn't want to show off.

G

desismileys_6666.gif I'll be tuned in.

jeffp83

Deluge said:
Interesting...
I think that flywheel did make a difference when accelerating and the engine did spool up faster (on the DS 26). I was just surprised when I put my hand down near the engine shroud and it felt like a whole lot more air was being pushed through with the full flywheel.

Do you run a lightened flywheel deluge?

G

jeffp83 said:
I think that flywheel did make a difference when accelerating and the engine did spool up faster (on the DS 26). I was just surprised when I put my hand down near the engine shroud and it felt like a whole lot more air was being pushed through with the full flywheel.Do you run a lightened flywheel deluge?
I've always wanted to try one but have been apprehensive. I ordered a Gizomo RCMK which I think includes one. So we'll see how that goes.

ChuenouXiao

Is he talking about running your tank completely dry causing engine seize? Base on my understanding.... if you run out of fuel... your engine just dies.... right? Or am I not comprehending?

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Is he talking about running your tank completely dry causing engine seize? Base on my understanding.... if you run out of fuel... your engine just dies.... right? Or am I not comprehending?
Yes, do it at the end of every outing. I don't like to leave fuel in my cars.

Hey Chue, did you ever order yourself some of that fuel scent?

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Yes, do it at the end of every outing. I don't like to leave fuel in my cars. Hey Chue, did you ever order yourself some of that fuel scent?
It's not bad to starve my engine of fuel right? You know to run it until the fuel empty completely out? Won't hurt my engine right?

Not yet on the fuel scent... will do when I order something from DDM.

G

It's not bad to starve my engine of fuel right? You know to run it until the fuel empty completely out? Won't hurt my engine right?
Complete starvation is fine the engine just stops. Its more of a problem when you introduce air into the equation. That creates the lean condition. If you hear the rpms increase while running out just kill the engine.

jeffp83

Yeah it was my bad, i ran the engine too lean.

Deluge

jeffp83 said:
I think that flywheel did make a difference when accelerating and the engine did spool up faster (on the DS 26). I was just surprised when I put my hand down near the engine shroud and it felt like a whole lot more air was being pushed through with the full flywheel.Do you run a lightened flywheel deluge?
Nah, I run a stocker. Did you run a shroud on the DS? If not, that could be the difference.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
I always run until my tank is dry. Haven't seized an engine, yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts