• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My first seize!

G

That's some bad luck for sure. Im the opposite, I had problems with the nitros and would never go back. LOL

jeffp83

Hehe. I still like the nitro's (own 3 of them) but the fuel is too darn expensive and you can blow through a gallon easily in a day of running. And glow plugs are stupidly expensive.

Love these gassers though! Should just go to a 4-bolt zenoah, I think that would solve the majority of the issues i've had :)

Deluge

Trip.. said:
Carb settings mean very little. You could have the needles out 3 turns but if you have an air leak, it will still run lean.
Exactly. Good point.

Deluge

jeffp83 said:
Hehe. I still like the nitro's (own 3 of them) but the fuel is too darn expensive and you can blow through a gallon easily in a day of running. And glow plugs are stupidly expensive.Love these gassers though! Should just go to a 4-bolt zenoah, I think that would solve the majority of the issues i've had :)
I like nitro's, as well. But I don't miss the glow plugs!

Trip..

jeffp83 said:
True... i'm kind of scratching my head now as to what happened. I am for sure that I didn't have an airleak as I know what the engine sounds like when that happens. Going to grab a new carb as well, just in case. Maybe I will just go back to nitro, this may sound crazy but i've had less problems with those little engines than I have had with gas (plating failures, gasket blowouts, bad bearings and now a seize) lol.
Yeah that may be the best for you.

GTS 666

Wouldn't it be easier to just replace the piston ring and head. And then run it on the richer side to allow for heat that the Ds may suffer from.

jeffp83

Deluge said:
Probably would have to replace the bearings and seals, as well. There has to be shavings in the crank case.
Haven't taken apart the crankcase halves yet, but yeah i'm going to replace the bearings for sure... wouldn't want to chance that.

I'm just going to sell off that DS head and go for a 36mm cylinder.

Deluge

jeffp83 said:
Haven't taken apart the crankcase halves yet, but yeah i'm going to replace the bearings for sure... wouldn't want to chance that.I'm just going to sell off that DS head and go for a 36mm cylinder.
Yeah, it would suck to kill an engine that way. I always enjoy engine builds! What cylinders are you looking at?

jeffp83

Got this engine going, all i will say is holy crap i am never going back to a 26 again :D on a side note, i switched back to a full flywheel and i can't believe how much forced air you lose from running those lightened ones.

jeffp83

Also had a chance to break down the bottom end of that seized engine. One of the bearings was shot while the other one is ok.. crankshaft seems fine as well. There was a large pool of oil with metal chunks in it at the bottom :eek:

G

jeffp83 said:
Got this engine going, all i will say is holy crap i am never going back to a 26 again :D on a side note, i switched back to a full flywheel and i can't believe how much forced air you lose from running those lightened ones.
Glad to hear you got her runn'n!

G

jeffp83 said:
Also had a chance to break down the bottom end of that seized engine. One of the bearings was shot while the other one is ok.. crankshaft seems fine as well. There was a large pool of oil with metal chunks in it at the bottom :eek:
desismileys_4214.gif Scary

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts