• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

LargeScaleRC fun run

grizzledcamudgen

looker2756 said:
All tracks will be open for play. I'm sure that you will be able to find one with not many or no people on it for practice.
Don't ever stress your driving level, It's always the faster guys job to get around people safely. Sometimes it's even good to have new drivers out on the tracks with more experienced drivers for 2 reasons.

(1) The experienced people get to get better at passing & avoiding problems with other drivers with less experience, or slower cars.

(2) The New drivers have more experienced ones to follow & learn the best lines on the track. Also the newer drivers, & can always see what they are doing & compare to what they see others doing, while being passed, or passing someone. ;)
Those are really good points! Thanks, I was just kinda worried about upsetting someone with my skills. It will take a little time but I'll definitely get there!

Yes Ron, Bob IS an awesome character! :)

grizzledcamudgen

Obeast44 said:
I appreciate the offer Grizz, but I would literally cringe seeing your MT Pro possibly get scratched up. She is a beautiful machine. I can safely say the V3 MT pros look WAY better than what the V2 Pros look like. The machining, and the tolerances are much tighter. They definitely have made an improvement in that department.
Thank you! I'm really happy with it and can barely contain myself in getting it out and running!

The scratches are gonna happen sooner or later, sorry to say! :)

looker2756

Contributor
Ron E said:
i'm really looking forward to playing on the 16th but don't want to run on the track with to many people, i'll just be in there way... :D
Bob, are the other tracks open also? like the dirt road course and oval, I sold my rampage truck to a friend thats never ran a rc before and he sucks worse than me... :eek: i'm trying to get him to come along, we'll see... but i'll be there for sure.
I wanted to personally Thank you for the compliments. I try my best to help everyone & give as much information as I have. There is no doubt that some people just click due to backgrounds or other personal interests, but I can tell you that Ron E is also a great person. Looking forward to seeing you again & running on the track together. Your racing experience on 2 wheels will definitely be a great help. ;)

grizzledcamudgen said:
Those are really good points! Thanks, I was just kinda worried about upsetting someone with my skills. It will take a little time but I'll definitely get there!
Yes Ron, Bob IS an awesome character! :)
Thanks Grizz !! I'm with Obeast on scratching such a beauty, but like you said, Someday it's going to happen anyway. I'll be glad to give you pointers on how to best get around the tracks.

looker2756

Contributor
racetruck said:
I called rob64n but one of them is on the phone flipping the jaws i would say rob is talking to the other rob if i was guessing:rolleyes:
Probably getting the new buggy details worked out. ;) I know I can't wait to see it, as I really liked the pipe for the one he has now. It's cool to be around the ongoing work on new projects.

Here is the latest video that has Lots of action. Anyone driving can claim their action. I see me & Racetruck & Obeast & Rob64n. Anyone else from here in this video ? I'm trying to tie everyone to their vehicles, but it is hard enough to remember faces & names. With forum names in here as well, I hope some of you can understand how confusing this can be at times. :D :eek:

[ame]

[/ame]

looker2756

Contributor
Here is new up & coming XT series from Redcat. This proto is still being tested & the upgrades coming from this testing will only make a better end product for the customers. Taking a lap on our extreme track is definitely a gutsy way to test a new model, but it looks to do extremely well. Look for it's release soon.

[ame]

[/ame]

Obeast44

Banned
Ya I cant get over the fact that the XT MT truck is considerably lighter than my TB2!! Id guess the buggy will be substantially lighter than the XTMT, talking about a power to weight advantage!

The only thing im not really a fan of is the FG drive squares, me and Rob64N both has issues with them on Sept. 25th. I think we both ended up stripping a wheel. Good thing Rob will be making some adaptors soon :D

Also Rob64N bent the piss outta the rear pipe on a bad landing too. I cant tell if thats what happened there at the end of the vid or if the wheel hex finally gave up the ghost.

On another note. I got my 28.5cc built, and some actual diff fluids put in as well. Im pretty much good to go for the 16th. I also have a set of Desperado/Badlands as spares in case I strip another wheel. Not to mention enough extra $ for a spare 5755 in case the crappy stock steering servo decides to let go, like the last T/B servo did! :eek:

rob64n

Contributor
Wheels held up that time, lookers wife caught it on video when a gust of wind caught the xt coming off the big jump and it landed square on the rear the chassis flexed enough to fold the pipe away from the engine but i straightened back out and it's ready to go again congrats to lookers wife for catching that moment it shows everyone just how light the xt really is. if it's windy like that on the 16th i'll strap some wings on it so i can float to the next jump.lol

looker2756

Contributor
rob64n said:
Wheels held up that time, lookers wife caught it on video when a gust of wind caught the xt coming off the big jump and it landed square on the rear the chassis flexed enough to fold the pipe away from the engine but i straightened back out and it's ready to go again congrats to lookers wife for catching that moment it shows everyone just how light the xt really is. if it's windy like that on the 16th i'll strap some wings on it so i can float to the next jump.lol
We did have some pretty good winds that day, & with the lighter set-up it definitely got you in the air. I thought you had a very good lap on the Extreme track, which still scares me to this day. It's big & fun, but kinda knarley obstacles & Jumps for me. Hope you didn't damage that Cool JetPro, as I REALLY like the looks & sound of the pipe. I like the lighter platform & no doubt with your help & a few others, I'm sure it will be a neat new machine. This one ready to do some SERIOUS racing. Look forward to your next test runs on the 16th.

RampageHopUps

I just need 2 more nights of testing and the XT buggy protype will be sent. I can make adapters for this firly easily, but I forgot to pick up the Donor axles from Redcat today. I will pick them up and make them this weekend.

Ron E

Contributor
RampageHopUps said:
I just need 2 more nights of testing and the XT buggy protype will be sent. I can make adapters for this firly easily, but I forgot to pick up the Donor axles from Redcat today. I will pick them up and make them this weekend.
awesome, i'm looking forward to checking out the new xt buggy, maybe even a little test drive - :D really looking forward to an electric version some day also. gonna be a fun day at largescalerc, i'm bringing 3 1/5 scales with me :eek:

Obeast44

Banned
RampageHopUps said:
I will have a set of spare FG to Baja adaptor/extenders that should work. If something happens and you don't get them made. Rob64N is more than welcome to use them if need be.

racetruck

RampageHopUps said:
all right what did you do break it now you have to fix something i hope you have enough time to get it here but not enough time to get the jetpro and mod it to fit :eek:

RampageHopUps

Obeast44 said:
I will have a set of spare FG to Baja adaptor/extenders that should work. If something happens and you don't get them made. Rob64N is more than welcome to use them if need be.
The FG axles are different. I have to put them on a lathe and open up the hole bigger. I am sending a set of XT - MT wheels along with some spare parts for it.

I ran it in the mud tongiht, so someone is going to have to clean it when it gets there. I got most of it off, but its too dark outside to tell for sure.

racetruck

RampageHopUps said:
The FG axles are different. I have to put them on a lathe and open up the hole bigger. I am sending a set of XT - MT wheels along with some spare parts for it.
I ran it in the mud tongiht, so someone is going to have to clean it when it gets there. I got most of it off, but its too dark outside to tell for sure.
Just send it to me and i will clean it up and get it to rob for a pipe fitting with a jetpro it got to be fast. will the MT tires have enough space in between the hubs so they don't rub the a- arms

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts