• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Anybody tried this ESC yet?

rookie101

Leopard 1340kv with the hobby king 200amp (trackstar/toro) with two 5000mah nanotech in series. 15/48 gearing.

G

Cool.

I have one without the heat sync.

I also have the 730kv trackstar. I think with only 730kv on 8s I will have to gear up.

rookie101

The video isn't great as it was getting dark, and forgive the traffic. This is a dead end road in the industrial area behind our local hobby shop and never sees a car!! No idea where the traffic came from this night.

G

That's crazy fast. Love it!

I thought I heard that your chassis is extended? If so, did you add length in the front for the motor?

rookie101

Anybody tried this ESC yet?

RCDAD said:
That's crazy fast. Love it!I thought I heard that your chassis is extended? If so, did you add length in the front for the motor?
It's the 7075rc chassis that he added the length to the rear. I had to get rid of the stock rear shaft and run one of long side dog bones for the rear. In the video I think I said an inch, but thinking about it I think it's half an inch.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigblkblazin

Ahh you live in AB also . Too bad the track in Strathmore AB is no more. I was hoping to do less street bashing with a track being so close to my house.

rookie101

bigblkblazin said:
Ahh you live in AB also . Too bad the track in Strathmore AB is no more. I was hoping to do less street bashing with a track being so close to my house.
We've made lots of improvements to the 1/5 section of the Blackfoot track and are working on more for this summer. Check out Blackfoot RC on Facebook. Hopping to get a few organized races going this summer to make up for the loss of the Dirty in the Bone race at Strathmore.

rookie101

Well it didn't last long. Was running another set if batteries today and it rolled to a stop and smoked. Can't really blame it I guess, the 1340kv is a bit high for it and it was geared pretty high.

Was fun while it lasted but if I try again it will be with the XL2 and 2028 730kv combo.

chapinb

Sorry to hear. I so wanted this to be a decent alternative. Seems too many eventually let out the magic.

After you find out gearing, let us know how the castle motor compares.

G

Castle only recommends a 730kv motor. I don't think the XL2 could handle the amp draw of the Leopard either. I would really like to see a 400 amp esc that's as stable as the smaller unites and won't break the bank.

BigWheel

Contributor
I think it might have more to do with the Leopard 1340 kv. I just burned up my XL2 (it actually caught fire) running the same motor (12 pinion/48 spur).

G

It spins much faster.

1340kv on 8s = 42,000+ rpm

720kv on 8s = 23,000+ rpm

The MGM esc would probably do better with the high kv motors.

G

rookie101 said:
Was fun while it lasted but if I try again it will be with the XL2 and 2028 730kv combo.
I wonder how dual Leopard 1340kv on separate 150a Hobbywing escs running on 6s would do. Crazy fast and more reliable? Hmmmm:rolleyes:

Theses stock esc are pretty durable. If I smoke my Turnigy as fast as you smoked your Toro, I might think about this setup.

rookie101

I'm back to running the 1340kv on the stock 150 amp esc with no issues. Too bad the 8s escs aren't as reliable, for a cheapo the stocker is bullet proof.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts