• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Yet another DuneRunner :)

Ice_2k

Very cool stuff :D Altough it pretty much proves what I was afraid of, the stock front tires don't offer much traction at all. Definetely need some better tires to behave like a 4x4

Phill

Ice_2k said:
Very cool stuff :D Altough it pretty much proves what I was afraid of, the stock front tires don't offer much traction at all. Definetely need some better tires to behave like a 4x4
Good luck with getting traction in snow

You're going to need spikes or maybe MT tyres to "float" on top of it.

Ice_2k

I wasn't planning on getting offroad tires now but I found a $40 deal on this set of offroad tires mounted on HPI rims and I went for it:

Ice_2k

Thanks guys. I'll probably be using them on the rear and move my stock rears to the front. The original fronts really don't seem to me like they belong on a 4wd vehicle.

phreerider

those are a deal, super chunky. might be grippy on street as well. the hard rubber are slippery but the medium to soft do well on both . lets see on unit.

Ice_2k

Me too, I sent the old one back to Dino with a piece of paper in the shape of the bracket taped to it to indicate where it should be, hopefully it turned out fine!

phreerider

T-9 is great stuff , keeps stuff nice , " let it dry" when applying it. Wd40 has it place with messy wet, but the t9 is tidy effective , and stays put! Way more controllable than wd40.

Less is more when applying.

Ice_2k

Should I apply the T-9 before or after running it in wet conditions? Also, should I avoid bearings or anything like that?

phreerider

apply when unit is dry BEFORE, though you can do both, but IMHO its overkill and a bit wasteful. AND pick your cycle of application and stick to it. after a run, blow unit out and then you can go back and do a "light spot" in areas if needed.

for the first coat(application) everything should be reasonably clean and DRY, that sets up subsequent applications to be less and lighter , like in joint/connection points.

when spraying it on it will redissolve the old coat( thats the opportunity to wipe it off if you like). it finishes like a light tacky wax kinda(less is more!). perfect for screw heads, drive shafts etc... and all metal fixtures

i do not mix with WD40 for coating, you need to choose one or the other for whatever part area. if you feel like the blow out is not removing all the moisture this is where adding a "light " shot helps ..or sometimes back a forth with the blow out effort and the spray. its just like a WD40/blowout and spray, just MUCH less spray. once you get a feel for how it coats you'll see it does not take much.

its not gonna hurt the bearings, try not to use direct focus of compressed air into bearing seal area , quick and light with air and spray.

if session was super soaking wet, certainly be liberal and effective. get the unit dry ! then coat ...sometime i use leaf blower, then blowout/ lube spray

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.