• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Yet another DuneRunner :)

Ice_2k

Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it :)

Ice_2k

Is it OK that it sometimes takes a few seconds for the revs to return to idle (~4000rpm)?

[ame]

[/ame]

talunceford

Ice_2k said:
Is it OK that it sometimes takes a few seconds for the revs to return to idle (~4000rpm)?
I would look at your throttle linkage to make sure it isn't binding up. I had something similar to that happen on mine.

Ice_2k

It's not the linkage because I hit the brakes so it's definetely not holding the carb open

talunceford

Ice_2k said:
It's not the linkage because I hit the brakes so it's definetely not holding the carb open
Unhook your linkage and just blip the carb manually. It might be a bearing in the carb holding it open a bit. Dirt will cause that throttle bearing to bind some times.

Ice_2k

I'll take a better look at it tomorrow, see if the butterfly moves at all as the revs are going down. I'm skeptical to be honest.

talunceford

Ice_2k said:
I'll take a better look at it tomorrow, see if the butterfly moves at all as the revs are going down. I'm skeptical to be honest.
It could be anything at this point really. I'd start there though.

Ice_2k

I'm not very happy with my rear suspension, seems quite soft, would adding thicker oil to the shocks help? Anyone know what the standard oil weight is?

Phill

Hey Ice

I bought a tach for mine and am having trouble doing the 5 wraps around the plug lead.

Can you post a pic of yours pls?

Thanks

Ice_2k

RampageHopUps said:
I use 40 on my shocks. It also depends on what holes you have in there.
What holes are you talking about? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I never changed the oil in the shocks before :)

Ice_2k

Yet another DuneRunner :)

Phill said:
Hey IceI bought a tach for mine and am having trouble doing the 5 wraps around the plug lead.

Can you post a pic of yours pls?

Thanks
I don't have a pic of how the wire is wrapped but I can explain it to you. Basically the only problem I ran into was when I wrapped it very tight around the lowest part of the plug. When I did that, it didn't work at all, probably because that part is where the metal part of the plug is and it can't detect the electricity through that. The way I got it going perfectly was to wrap it pretty loose around the plug. Let me know if you can't get it going and I'll go take a picture of it.

Ice_2k

Found something, you can see it pretty clear at 3:55

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts