• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Xt wheel fix idea!

Guantanamo Joe

I know what you mean, before my balancing job, my truck could litterally jump down the road at full throttle... after the balance, smooth as you could expect considering it has foam in the tires :D

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
When I balanced the wheels on my XT, I had some magnetic strip with sticky backing. I used sections of this and stuck on the inside of the wheel- worked GREAT... just in case someone needs a simple, cheap balancing material. A friend of mine glued lead weights in... he said it was a pain and the glue itself made it so they still werent balanced...
Hmmm. Awesome tip! I need to check those strips out.

G

As soon as I can rig up a balancer I'll give it a try also. Even if they don't turn out perfect I'll be happy with any improvement.

nitrobashin

I finally got a chance to run a few tanks.The taped holes on the inside of the wheel worked GREAT!Almost no wobble at all.Next step is to fill holes permanatly.Great inexpensive solution to genarally crappy wheels.im thinkin shoe goo but not sure what else would work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts