• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XT-E on the horizon?

kwidelski

Hello guys,

I like the looks of the new line of cars and trucks. A couple questions for you.

Is there an XT-E version coming out? Brushless 5th scale truck...

How dependable are the lipos in the xb-e? I own a savage flux and paid 200 bucks for lipos and with the truck...total cost about 700. Would enjoy a 5th scale brushless but not sure of the quality I would be getting for 700 dollars?

Any thoughts on this?

KW

camo

5th scale brushless with two good lipos. hummmm you are right may be not very good quality for $700 or less..... and about a XT-E, all you have to do is buy the XB-E and get the tires body and body posts for the truck and you'll be all set :)

humveecrusher

Will the larger tires be okay with the current brushless motor/ESC combination or will it have to be geared down? Just a thought...

hamster huey

camo said:
5th scale brushless with two good lipos. hummmm you are right may be not very good quality for $700 or less..... and about a XT-E, all you have to do is buy the XB-E and get the tires body and body posts for the truck and you'll be all set :)
"two good lipos"? Thats definatly a place where they skimped. Maybe skimping on the batts allowed the rest of the car to be higher quality? Sounds fine to me, lipos are cheap now.

hamster huey

kwidelski said:
Hello guys,
I like the looks of the new line of cars and trucks. A couple questions for you.

Is there an XT-E version coming out? Brushless 5th scale truck...

How dependable are the lipos in the xb-e? I own a savage flux and paid 200 bucks for lipos and with the truck...total cost about 700. Would enjoy a 5th scale brushless but not sure of the quality I would be getting for 700 dollars?

Any thoughts on this?

KW
I had 8 2s lipos 3500 or 3200 something like that, that came with the earthquake, aftershock, and backdraft. They were quality batteries but low C rated and very short runtimes. Not suitable for high power 1/8, regualar weight standard 1/8, or anything more powerful than that. They worked great with the under 6 lb 1/8 (1/10 based), low power systems, and 1/10.

Given the specs provided for the xbe they arent high amp batts BUT the sytem in the xbe isnt a high amp system (for what it is). I would guess they would work but why not upgrade right off to at least 5000mah? Effeciency, heat, acceleration, speed, etc. will all greatly improve with better batts.

If you want to push them to the max get an eagle tree data logger. Then you will know the limitations of the batts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.