• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE w/TP Power 5692 1100kv Mamba XL2 8s Maiden Voyage

G

desismileys_3044.gif Looks Great Man! That should keep her cool for sure.

BoukeG

About that bec... I have the same one. On which volt are you running it? My servo can handle 7,4. But you can either choose 7,0 or 7,5. Now I was thinking: be on the save side and put it on 7,0. However, these servos are made for 2s lipo and when charged they are at 8,4. So I guess 7,5 or even 8,0 should be possible. What do you think?

jathomas3

I'm still running the stock servo so I have the BEC set for 6.0 volts. I think most guys running high voltage servos usually set the BEC to 7.4 volts.

G

BoukeG said:
About that bec... I have the same one. On which volt are you running it? My servo can handle 7,4. But you can either choose 7,0 or 7,5. Now I was thinking: be on the save side and put it on 7,0. However, these servos are made for 2s lipo and when charged they are at 8,4. So I guess 7,5 or even 8,0 should be possible. What do you think?
I have read on other forums of guys running their 6v servos on 7.4v. I see my receiver pack at 8+v when fully charged. The servos never have had an issue.

I think you would be fine.

bigfol

BoukeG said:
If your servo is rated at 7.4v it will handle 7.5 with no issue,going any higher would probably be a waste of time as the servo saver will kick in if under to much pressure, I doubt you would notice the difference at 8v speed wise........ ;)

G

There was a nice improvement when I went to 7.4 on mine. Part of that may have been to the servo upgrade. I bet you will notice it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.