• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

XBE w/TP Power 5692 1100kv Mamba XL2 8s Maiden Voyage

jathomas3

Finally received all of the parts I needed to run the new setup. I'm running the TP Power 5692 1100kv motor, Mamba XL2 ESC w/ Castle Pro BEC, two Venom 5000mah 35c 4s lipos in series for 8s. Gearing is 48/10 with 6.5 inch tall tires. I have the torque limiter set to 5. It's maiden voyage was mostly in taller grass with a little asphalt and dirt running. Ambient temp was 93F. Take off was smooth as butter. Low end was pretty mild with the torque limiter set at 5. I may go with a little less limiting. Mid range power was amazing, breaking the tires loose at half throttle with ease. I really didn't have much room for top end as I was just running around my yard but it should be geared for around 45mph. Run time was an easy 20 minutes but that was with frequent stops to check temps. Highest temps were motor 166F, ESC 127F (external readings), and lipos 110F. One of the Venoms was a little puffy at the end of the run but I thought that may happen. I will be getting some better lipos soon. Overall I'm very pleased with the setup but I may look into a heatsink/fan combo for the motor, as I'd like to see a little lower max motor temps. I'm going to check the data logging later tonight and see what is going on in the ESC.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Nice. Should be a great setup.

ninjagaiden

@Jathomas3 : I am looking at the same setup as you, but with a Turnigy 7.5A UBEC, and tunning a 9T Pinion. Are you running the KD motor mount or 7075rc? How did you mount your UBEC?

Thanks

N

jathomas3

ninjagaiden said:
@Jathomas3 : I am looking at the same setup as you, but with a Turnigy 7.5A UBEC, and tunning a 9T Pinion. Are you running the KD motor mount or 7075rc? How did you mount your UBEC?Thanks

N
I am running the 7075rc mount. I think the 9 tooth pinion will be a good choice as I'm running a 10 tooth and my temps are a little higher than I would like. I am also running Baja wheels/tires which is heating things up a bit as well. I may try a 9 tooth myself. I mounted my BEC on the chassis brace as seen here:

BEC.jpg

ninjagaiden

jathomas3 said:
I am running the 7075rc mount. I think the 9 tooth pinion will be a good choice as I'm running a 10 tooth and my temps are a little higher than I would like. I am also running Baja wheels/tires which is heating things up a bit as well. I may try a 9 tooth myself. I mounted my BEC on the chassis brace as seen here: BEC.jpg
That's nice! Took me a while to realise this is the rear brace, as the KD mount includes a front brace. Thanks for the pic

bigfol

jathomas3 said:
I am running the 7075rc mount. I think the 9 tooth pinion will be a good choice as I'm running a 10 tooth and my temps are a little higher than I would like. I am also running Baja wheels/tires which is heating things up a bit as well. I may try a 9 tooth myself. I mounted my BEC on the chassis brace as seen here: BEC.jpg
Hey jathomas3, could you post a pic of your whole set up, over head view?

G

Don't forget o install those rear screws for the chassis brace first. :)

jathomas3

Yeah she's all buttoned up now. I also solved my motor temp. problems. I installed a heatsink with fan and an additional fan. It runs super cool now so far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.